IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I can’t understand how we have so many experts on this forum who obviously have all the answers, yet the scientists and top medics don’t understand what to do. Does anyone think that anyone with any insight or knowledge would be on here extolling their knowledge if they were not involved in the process of policy formulation or implementation of policy ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Debbie said:

Is there any plan to fix the server connection problem? I lost touch with the forum because of that, lately. I have various devices, and can't keep all them logged in to MF all time. I am in London at the moment; I had thought that my own location was the problem.

Who is responsible for these issues?

There does seem to be an issue with the URL so if you put in manxforums.com into a browser it comes back with this url:

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?act=home

Which is obviously not on the SSL, if you just delete the '?act=home' part of the URL hey presto you're logged in as normal.

It will be a site owner issue that I'll have to flag up because it's probably a DNS thing, so it might take a while to sort. Will let you know.

5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I can’t understand how we have so many experts on this forum who obviously have all the answers, yet the scientists and top medics don’t understand what to do. Does anyone think that anyone with any insight or knowledge would be on here extolling their knowledge if they were not involved in the process of policy formulation or implementation of policy ?

At least we have a sensible voice like yourself to set us all straight.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

At least we have a sensible voice like yourself to set us all straight

2 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

At least we have a sensible voice like yourself to set us all straight.

And you are qualified how to assess others ?

1 hour ago, Banker said:

I doubt the Chief Ministers perfectly sensible remarks about testing will cost island business a penny.

Manx Radio appear to have spoken to someone involved in leasing office space and for whatever reason seem to have given their opinions undue prominence

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I doubt the Chief Ministers perfectly sensible remarks about testing will cost island business a penny.

Manx Radio appear to have spoken to someone involved in leasing office space and for whatever reason seem to have given their opinions undue prominence

Theyre inappropriate.

I've invested £0.5m in creating a business that supports start up and upscale businesses on the Island. Yes, that involves office space, but a far bigger picture.

I don't see why I should continue to support the Government in attracting businesses and creating jobs in my own businesses when they engage in such attempts to discredit the BioMed sector.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Theyre inappropriate.

I've invested £0.5m in creating a business that supports start up and upscale businesses on the Island. Yes, that involves office space, but a far bigger picture.

I don't see why I should continue to support the Government in attracting businesses and creating jobs in my own businesses when they engage in such attempts to discredit the BioMed sector.

Is that a credible position to take?

6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Is that a credible position to take?

It is. We have spent an awful lot of time delivering things in to the hands of DfE for them to claim the success (which I have no problem with) or compiling data based on how many new jobs we've created in a particular sector to help them justify funding requests to Treasury.

We can function and do our own thing without helping this administration.

I'm not particularly favoured to Dr Glover, she knows my take that I think she's been far too outspoken on social media and it has clouded any argument she may have. This isn't particularly about the spat between her (business) or the Government, but how flippantly the CM was openly discrediting the BioMed sector.

The problem with this Government is that they don't believe we can be anything great. So when we do excel in areas, it's almost as if that couldn't be physically possible because this is the Isle of Man. But it is.

Edited by jaymann
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2