MT 4G Broadband

Hillside

We have been experiencing problems with our 4G mobile broadband service in the south of the island since Friday, on checking with MT they advise that lots of other customers have reported the same but they are not aware of any reasons that may be causing this.

On their status page it says that from this morning until Friday 46 broadband subscribers in the Port Erin area may experience outages in service due to essential maintenance works. I think this may be a typo and should read ......4G broadband subscribers....?

I can’t get through to them to confirm as they are “experiencing a high volume of calls at the moment”. Anyone else suffering the same way ?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure's Wifi was patchy, on and off for a few hours up here in Saddlestone today. Which is unusual. Normally our niece and nephew playing fortnight, me watching YouTube, Mrs Q addicted to 'Married to Medicine' (Dear god forbid !!) on Netflix and next doors kids doing their homework or gaming all at the same time. No problems usually.

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Sure's Wifi was patchy, on and off for a few hours up here in Saddlestone today. Which is unusual. Normally our niece and nephew playing fortnight, me watching YouTube, Mrs Q addicted to 'Married to Medicine' (Dear god forbid !!) on Netflix and next doors kids doing their homework or gaming all at the same time. No problems usually.

Next doors kid's use your Wifi?

Castletown wired service has been a fucking disgrace since Thursday (MT) and Sure mobile 4G hasn't been as good as normal either. I was unable to stream the football on Saturday and the fucking shouting from the nipper as he was once again booted from whatever xbox game he was playing has driven me to drink.

There is definitely something wrong down this way.

30 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'm with MT and a mile from the telephone exchange. My wifi is patchy at best and 4G is a disgrace. Expensive and utterly crap, how long must we pay such prices for such rubbish service?

MT isn't responsible for the quality of your wifi.

47 minutes ago, quilp said:

Yeah, 12 and 13. Theirs went off just before exam time at Balla and Mrs Q gave them our password so they could continue revision. Good kids, should I be suspicious? 

Keep an eye on your bank balance!:ph34r:

Does the banning of Huawei have an effect that will make this more frequent in the next few years?

Will the update and maintenance of their products mean that various technical drop outs of their product ?

or is it a case of people using their phones to watch online content that was never calculated to be of future use of bandwidth?

So, if you use your phone to 'connect' and get poor home speed, are you part of the problem???

4 hours ago, Hillside said:

We have been experiencing problems with our 4G mobile broadband service in the south of the island since Friday, on checking with MT they advise that lots of other customers have reported the same but they are not aware of any reasons that may be causing this.

On their status page it says that from this morning until Friday 46 broadband subscribers in the Port Erin area may experience outages in service due to essential maintenance works. I think this may be a typo and should read ......4G broadband subscribers....?

I can’t get through to them to confirm as they are “experiencing a high volume of calls at the moment”. Anyone else suffering the same way ?

Mine has been shocking for weeks sick of contacting them and getting no help.

my neighbour believes it’s a way to get us all in the new fibre cables 

Archived