Gef the Mongoose, Howard's Der Sturmer?

Max Power

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What’s your concern Max? Governments own PR efforts in the early days were so poor that they probably had to blow £10k to use a platform that actually seemed to be able to effectively communicate with the public in a measured and non condescending way. It was the fear spreading Facebook idiots they had to try to get onside and Gef the Mongy was probably the right platform for that as Karen on Facebook probably was also following that as well. 

From 2018. Apparently link below turned out a publicity stunt to get the Government's favoured and financed some publicity. And put Isle of Man Newspapers where they think is their place (outside in the cold). A few comments to read too:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=39180&headline=Watterson%20bans%20press%20from%20LegCo%20election&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=39294&headline=MLCs%20to%20usher%20in%20new%20era%20of%20gender%20equality&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

6 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

What’s your concern Max? Governments own PR efforts in the early days were so poor that they probably had to blow £10k to use a platform that actually seemed to be able to effectively communicate with the public in a measured and non condescending way. It was the fear spreading Facebook idiots they had to try to get onside and Gef the Mongy was probably the right platform for that as Karen on Facebook probably was also following that as well. 

I think my concern is them paying a news outlet to release prepared bulletins without their own scrutiny and opinions. They cease to become news media and become a government trumpet.   

12 minutes ago, gettafa said:

A few comments to read too:

Largely by some idiot called Neil Dean it would appear who seemed to have a lot to say about nothing. I’d bet they were worried about the absolute wild fire of fake news spreading on Facebook and Gef was an effective way to get to that Facebook audience. It probably wasn’t a bad call. Who wanted to hear Tim Glover angrily say anything about anything at that time? But I’m sure a lot of Facebook idiots read a Mongy Gef article and bought an “Ashy” t-shirt in adulation of our health ‘leader’! 

9 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Pressured by the powerful questioning from Paul Moulton....do me a favour.....he made a laughing stock of himself, and Tim Glover was not much better, a bigger pair of plonkers you would be hard pressed to find.:stupid:

Err... woosh?

Gef the Mongoose is written by morons (or if you prefer, ‘credulous juveniles’, the term I used last week) for morons, as that ‘Howie and Ashy’ cringefest ably demonstrated.

I have really become pissed off with the quality of our local news people.  On the Thursday briefing, typically Howard would say testing is pointless on arrival because of the delay in incubation.  Then each great reporter will ask why we can't just test on arrival. GRR!,

Archived