“Disappointing” number of arrests made

thesultanofsheight

This seems to be one of the oddest statements issued by the policy recently. They say they’re disappointed at 23 arrests this weekend. Clearly they must have been hoping for 30 or 40 so they could beat their lockdown record for general jack booting if they think 23 is disappointing! 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/disappointing-number-of-arrests-over-weekend/

Didn't Alf Cannan tell people to go out and enjoy themselves and spend as much money as they could in local pubs and shops over this specially devised extra long bank holiday to kickstart the economy? I think since he made that statement half the population thought the entire purpose of this bank holiday was to go out and get as wankered as possible to support the local hospitality trade! It’s a shame the police are so disappointed that what was always going to be a massive piss up ended up being ... a massive piss up! The only thing that disappointed me was that they didn’t opt to use their usual oft recycled and over patronizing TT sound bite telling locals that they have “Let themselves and the Island down” by having too much fun. 

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

This seems to be one of the oddest statements issued by the policy recently. They say they’re disappointed at 23 arrests this weekend. Clearly they must have been hoping for 30 or 40 so they could beat their lockdown record for general jack booting if they think 23 is disappointing! 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/disappointing-number-of-arrests-over-weekend/

Didn't Alf Cannan tell people to go out and enjoy themselves and spend as much money as they could in local pubs and shops over this specially devised extra long bank holiday to kickstart the economy? I think since he made that statement half the population thought the entire purpose of this bank holiday was to go out and get as wankered as possible to support the local hospitality trade! It’s a shame the police are so disappointed that what was always going to be a massive piss up ended up being ... a massive piss up! The only thing that disappointed me was that they didn’t opt to use their usual oft recycled and over patronizing TT sound bite telling locals that they have “Let themselves and the Island down” by having too much fun. 

In short then. The Police were disappointed that 23 arseholes had to be locked up because they could not be responsible for themselves.

Why can’t people get pissed and have fun, without causing trouble or being violent ?

18 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

In short then. The Police were disappointed that 23 arseholes had to be locked up because they could not be responsible for themselves.

Why can’t people get pissed and have fun, without causing trouble or being violent ?

They were told to go out and save the hospitality industry by Alf Cannan. They seem to be giving it a good go. 

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Wasn't it 23 just on the Friday? Pretty sure that figure was on a police tweet/FB post on Saturday morning

I thought the same, but wasn’t sure enough to post that. Far too many for the whole 4 days, let alone one night.

Yes, a sardonic and perhaps somewhat poignant reference to a caring parent checking their newly arrived darling baby is all complete and safely in their cot.

The parallel being drunken drugged up violent nasty little arseholes in the police cells.

There should be a live webcam to the police station on a Saturday and Sunday morning. See how fan dazzy dobey the little shits are then after the coke and coke has worn off and they have a thumping hangover.

4 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Has nobody explained to the plod that it is quicker to just count the bodies instead of the fingers and bloody toes...

Sgt Kemp (there's always a Sgt Kemp) later had to explain that it didn't mean that he personally had 23 fingers and toes. 

Whether everyone was charged or not I don't know, but I wouldn't have thought they had space for 23 miscreants at the same time.

17 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

You do realise you can have a massive piss up without getting arrested?

Archived