TT 2022 ??

Barlow

10 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Funny how they happen for a few hours immediately after a TT death is announced and after you’ve been criticized for locking TT threads to stifle debate 😂😂

You can use

ad hominem attack

straw man arguments

false dilemma/dichotomy

hasty generalisation

red herrings

and

causal fallacy

all you want. They don't make your viewpoint correct

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Not enough information yet; machinery needs to be examined, witness stuff collected, perhaps some experienced competitor insight gathered. TT meetings have previously thrown up repeat fatalities at the same point for some reason....just the nature of the course maybe?

Indeed. My concern is that two fatalities in the same area can’t purely be down to machine failure. Only the experts (not MF) can work out why

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Indeed. My concern is that two fatalities in the same area can’t purely be down to machine failure. Only the experts (not MF) can work out why

Bit like the 5 'offs' @ "Casey's, including two 'fatals' , the CoC etc have still decided not to install air fencing, despite the recommendations of marshals . The ACU's statement of "improvements" ( referred to by DF ) ? Fine  words but absolute bollocks when it comes to rider safety and leasing with marshals IMO . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

I don’t know if it still happens, but there was a time that if you had a property that abounded the course where risk was foreseen, you were asked to sign a disclaimer.

personally my response would have been to ask what the organizers were doing to prevent collateral intrusion into my property in the event of an incident?

had a few done that I suspect we might not have an event today

didn't juan turner raise the point that the organisers were required to make sure sufficient insurance was in  place for something or other and they didn't like it being pointed out to them.

It’d be an interesting FOI request for DoI in bringing a road closure order to Tynwald what the relevant considerations are:-

a) expected deaths

b) expected serious, life changing injuries

c) risk assessment to inform conditions to impose on organizers (e.g no sidecars, capacity limit)

d) cost of disruption to local economy and additional costs - police, hospital etc.

e) economic upside (homestay benefitting mainly middle classes, media, hospitality)

f) carbon footprint and climate sustainability

g) we’ve always fucking done it and a) to f) are a bit fucking hard.

A side question: how many of those hammering DoI about Curragh Road crossing gates and the poor lad fairly unforseeably getting killed not paying attention are also sticking up for the TT? If you stick up for the TT get over yourself on some of the blaming you do against Government when other stuff goes wrong…

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

We’ll see. The unfortunate witness to the carnage last week is from a very wealth and well connected Manx family. It will be interesting to see if they do try and put the usual lid on things. 

Do you share a room with Bandits by any chance…

20 minutes ago, ian rush said:

It’d be an interesting FOI request for DoI in bringing a road closure order to Tynwald what the relevant considerations are:-

a) expected deaths

b) expected serious, life changing injuries

c) risk assessment to inform conditions to impose on organizers (e.g no sidecars, capacity limit)

d) cost of disruption to local economy and additional costs - police, hospital etc.

e) economic upside (homestay benefitting mainly middle classes, media, hospitality)

f) carbon footprint and climate sustainability

g) we’ve always fucking done it and a) to f) are a bit fucking hard.

A side question: how many of those hammering DoI about Curragh Road crossing gates and the poor lad fairly unforseeably getting killed not paying attention are also sticking up for the TT? If you stick up for the TT get over yourself on some of the blaming you do against Government when other stuff goes wrong…

You could try it but an FOI is about information not opinion or estimation. You would get a nil return I am afraid.