New Hong Kong

jackwhite

Was in here for a meal on Friday.

Partner had duck curry and rice. 

I had the crispy shredded beef with rice and chips (because I'm a luddite).

Was absolutely delicious.

Had the same meal from the The Hot Wok a few days later and it was an abomination.

Two chippys I also tried recently that weren't up to much was The Bathurst Chippy and Mojos.. The former worse this time than the previous owners, which took some doing.

Checking in tonight for a heart bypass!

Moral of the story, go to the NHK, it's ace.

I used to love Chinese food but now it mostly seems to be greasy and horrible. I quite like Indochinese things, manchuarians and that but I can make that so hmmm, baaah! I'm hungry now :) I was going to have a bacon butty for my lunch, but now lunch is on hold and I'm getting a Chinese takeaway on the way home from work... bad infulence, that's what you are .

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 4:46 PM, jackwhite said:

Was in here for a meal on Friday.

Partner had duck curry and rice. 

I had the crispy shredded beef with rice and chips (because I'm a luddite).

Was absolutely delicious.

Had the same meal from the The Hot Wok a few days later and it was an abomination.

Two chippys I also tried recently that weren't up to much was The Bathurst Chippy and Mojos.. The former worse this time than the previous owners, which took some doing.

Checking in tonight for a heart bypass!

Moral of the story, go to the NHK, it's ace.

Food is good but the portion sizes are a bit smaller than other Chinese restaurants so keep that in mind while placing an order .

But it is  a nice place for lunch as they are open for Lunch Wednesday to Saturday. 

Another Chinese  place which is a hidden gem is the A cafe near the co op  on Duke Street. 

More like a cafe than a restaurant  with only a few tables but food is good..  They close early at around  1930 or so .

Portion  sizes are perfect for one person  and most dishes come with rice / noodles 

• 2 years later...