More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

21 minutes ago, Broadcasterman said:

You seem to be oddly truculent on this point.

“Oddly truculent” - because I’m not accepting MF speculation as fact?    No - I’m just unwilling to accept a Facebook post from a protagonist as an example of objective fact.   Like I said, I’ll be interested to see what the papers say - assuming that they follow up with him, as you suggest they will.

I’ll leave it here - after all, it’s a nice day, no point in arguing online when we could be out enjoying the sun.   🙂

41 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

because I’m not accepting MF speculation as fact?    🙂

How does speculation work in your world? This was an actual post by an actual person on Facebook categorically stating that something had happened. It you don’t believe him that is absolutely fine. He made the post and it’s reproduced below as I am certainly not speculating he made the claims on Facebook and they are as below. That is not speculation at all. 

474D8443-520F-4BED-BBF6-DD7616F72423.jpeg

Edited by Broadcasterman

3 hours ago, Broadcasterman said:

His argument seems to be that the bins were illegally placed on public land and had no right to be there so his environment was being ruined by having to pass stinking overflowing bins every day that shouldn’t legally have been there. Hence his later claim that when he returned the bin all they then did was then set up an emergency private meeting of the relevant DBC committee to ratify and back date the ratification that the bins were legally allowed to be sited on that piece public land after all. It seems to have been ongoing for a long time and rather than actually move the bins onto the private property of H&B they’ve now just changed the bye laws to say that the bins that shouldn’t of been on their public land can now be left there. 

That basically seems to be the long and short of it. Been complaining for months, got absolutely nowhere. Gave them their dodgy bin back as he was sick of looking at it then he’s claiming that all of a sudden they made an illegally positioned bin that he’d been complaining about a legally positioned bin retrospectively. If it’s true where can anyone go dealing with such people? And they wonder why the council is so grossly unpopular? 

5 hours ago, Broadcasterman said:

You appear to have erected an entire fantasy based on the headline.  Here's the full article:

A Douglas resident has protested about overflowing bins by wheeling one to Douglas Town Hall.

A continuing dispute has seen Mark Wheeler report the location of the bins at the Rosemount, a pub in Woodbourne Road.

He says that his action was spurred by the change to fortnightly refuse collections.

However, according to the council, fortnightly collections does not apply to commercial waste.

Now Mr Wheeler says that every time he leaves his house he has to see and walk past the overflowing bins.

He says that the bins shouldn’t be kept in that location because it is public land, although this has been disputed by Douglas Council.

After three months of back and forth with the council, Mr Wheeler decided to wheel an empty Rosemount bin to the town hall yesterday.

A woman who was working at the desk said that she would get someone to look into it, and that someone from the council would be in contact.

While no one had been in contact with Mr Wheeler since his protest, the bin was returned to the Rosemount later that day.

The incident was reported to the police, who spoke to Mr Wheeler for stealing a bin from the brewery.

So basically he's complaining about (at most) H&B not paying for frequent enough collections by stealing an empty bin from them and leaving it to inconvenience someone else.  All because he doesn't like the look of something.

I await your post about how Douglas Council was really responsible for the destruction of the Kakhovka Dam.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Broadcasterman said:

How does speculation work in your world? This was an actual post by an actual person on Facebook categorically stating that something had happened. It you don’t believe him that is absolutely fine. He made the post and it’s reproduced below as I am certainly not speculating he made the claims on Facebook and they are as below. That is not speculation at all. 

474D8443-520F-4BED-BBF6-DD7616F72423.jpeg

Just because someone posts on Facebook doesn’t make it correct bit  like some of the crap posted on MF by Brit & offshore manc!

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

You appear to have erected an entire fantasy based on the headline.  Here's the full article:

I think you need to read what I said above. I was simply providing a link to the story as someone had asked for it. I agree with you the headline is totally mis leading which is why I said from outset that this had nothing to do with weekly bin collections and provided the Facebook posts.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Banker said:

Just because someone posts on Facebook doesn’t make it correct bit  like some of the crap posted on MF by Brit & offshore manc!

I didn’t say that it does. But I said that someone would be unlikely to make it up as they likely know that people from the newspapers are looking at it so will likely be challenged on it at some stage.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Broadcasterman said:
6 hours ago, Banker said:

I didn’t say that it does. But I said that someone would be unlikely to make it up as they likely know that people from the newspapers are looking at it so will likely be challenged on it at some stage.

That may be one of the most bizarre pieces of logic I have ever seen on this site, in relation to FB specifically and social media generally.

So, for example, if David Icke claims to have been probed by aliens; or a famous orange politician claims that Democrats are part of a world-wide lizard conspiracy; we are “inclined to believe it”because they “would be unlikely to make it up as they likely know that people from the newspapers are looking at it so will likely be challenged on it at some stage.”

Just because something might be challenged at some stage doesn’t necessarily make it more likely to be true.

Edited by Jarndyce
Emphasis
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

That may be one of the most bizarre pieces of logic I have ever seen on this site, in relation to FB specifically and social media generally.

What you think it’s bizarre that someone making a public statement on Facebook might be making a factually true statement especially when it might be picked up by the media? On that basis I dread to think what sort of strange world you must live in. The guy is hardly David Icke. He’s a bloke who had an argument with a grotty local authority over some bins. He is not claiming to have been abducted by aliens. 

No: what I think is bizarre is that you insist that a statement on FaceBook (of all places!) is true, just because the press might look at it - but with no other evidence or proof.   Maybe it is - how would anyone know?

If the gentleman had actually claimed to have been abducted by aliens, I can guarantee that the press would be all over it like a rash.   By your own logic, I assume that you would insist you were inclined to believe it - because the press would be checking what he said, so he would have made sure that it was true.

That approach could lead to you believing some very strange things online - but I’m sure you know best.

2 hours ago, Broadcasterman said:

What you think it’s bizarre that someone making a public statement on Facebook might be making a factually true statement especially when it might be picked up by the media? 

Keep it up the Facebook stuff is interesting. You know you’re winning when you attract a troll. Especially that persistent idiot one. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Keep it up the Facebook stuff is interesting. You know you’re winning when you attract a troll. Especially that persistent idiot one

I didn’t respond to any of your posts.

I didn’t quote from any of your posts.

So who’s trolling who?

ETA: oh hang on - I get it.   Broadcasterman‘s getting all the attention that I used to give to you - you must be feeling ignored and unwanted, so you need to lash out.   Sad…😢

Edited by Jarndyce
ETA

Just now, Jarndyce said:

I didn’t respond to any of your posts.

I was just offering advice. I wasn’t responding to any of your posts either just pointing out that you're a sad troll who simply can’t help yourself and that probably means that they’re getting somewhere when some out of control muppet like you turns up to argue.

5 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I was just offering advice

I’m sure he was grateful for your contribution.  🤣🤣🤣🤣

I keep taking you off “ignore” to see if your mood’s improved - and this is what happens.  Sad man.   Back on ignore again…

Just now, Jarndyce said:

I keep taking you off “ignore” to see if your mood’s improved - and this is what happens.  Sad man.   Back on ignore again…

Great I look forward to you never responding to anything I post on this forum again then you absolute muppet. But it seems that you literally can’t help yourself.