We Need to Talk About Taxis

germann

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

That's probably a conspiracy theory though, why would they want to decimate the taxi industry, I can't think of a reason, the late buses are busy anyway? 

Why did nobody appear to complain about the 11pm uplift when the proposed changes were put out for comments? 

Another good question. The trade only knows what happens when the AD&N comes out. I personally had not seen the AD&N but was sent an email link to it. I was not happy about the 11pm situation, but was unsure if the general census was that it was a good idea. 

I am led to believe that the RTLC chair will likely make a statement over the next couple of days. The real truth will then be told. It is becoming slightly clearer however to me that contrary to my first thoughts, some in the trade were actually in favour of starting the night rate to 11pm. 

Edited by Bazza Smurf
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Bazza Smurf said:

The real truth will then be told. It is becoming slightly clearer however to me that contrary to my first thoughts, some in the trade were actually in favour of starting the night rate to 11pm. 

Only 14% of respondents according to the information posted by @piebaps overleaf.

Screenshot_20240424-091203_Samsung Internet.jpg