EV Island Issues

Max Power

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

EV users currently subsidise the infrastructure and take up of these vehicles over here. We pay more than our fair share. 

How do you calculate that when I’m paying 400 road tax & EVs are paying £65 ,do you’re saying a few hundred EVs pay for all the roads?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Banker said:

How do you calculate that when I’m paying 400 road tax & EVs are paying £65 ,do you’re saying a few hundred EVs pay for all the roads?

I am a Ev owner along with an ICE car and agree that the £65 is too low for any car .

As long as the hybrids  ( afaik most hybrids are currently  on the same band of £65 as the EV ) are also kept on the same band then its fair.

I think the baseline VED should be double of what it is now 

.£130 + for all cars ..

Edited by mad_manx

Cumofit, you know you can't fit your rickety old body into a Smart car!!! 😀.  They're just for the thirty somethings!!!

Whatr you need is an MX5, light weight, low emissions / I just happen to have one for sale!!!  You can be in Douglas in 8 mins!!!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cambon said:

Fossil fuels are not running out any time soon. They have nothing to do with dinosaurs. The vast majority of the reserves have not been tapped into…yet! 

Exactly that’s enough talking about gay EV’s and let’s have a great advert for what the IOM is famous for. Some great three legs logos on the helmets to remind us all of where he came from. A run through the Transfăgărășan highway in the mountains of Romania. The bumper cam footage of just the road is mental.

https://www.facebook.com/STAVTECH/videos/1709790046201519/

C0031DA6-7D3B-4635-9EC8-91418760760F.jpeg

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

Cumofit, you know you can't fit your rickety old body into a Smart car!!! 😀.  They're just for the thirty somethings!!!

Whatr you need is an MX5, light weight, low emissions / I just happen to have one for sale!!!  You can be in Douglas in 8 mins!!!

I also have a 3litre 220 hp Maverick but I don't talk about that.......But that exhaust note 😁😎

• Like 1

Look, I get it that you're all very attached to your quaint internal combustion engines, just bear in mind that at some point they will be thought of in the same way as those steam powered traction engines of yesteryear... Toot toot!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, loaf said:

Look, I get it that you're all very attached to your quaint internal combustion engines, just bear in mind that at some point they will be thought of in the same way as those steam powered traction engines of yesteryear... Toot toot!

You won't be saying that when we have Armageddon and are satisfied with any form of traction we can get. Steam can be built and maintained without re-course to eastern states.😁

Edited by doc.fixit
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Banker said:

EVs don’t pay a fair share & use the roads just as much so should go up , user pays !

Nonsense, not this old trope again.

Anyone who pays tax of any kind subsidises the roads. VED isn't ring-fenced just for the roads. ICE users don't pay enough on tax alone to fund maintenance and infrastructure projects. Even someone who lives in a home and has never driven a car in their life pays for the roads and infrastructure projects through their taxes on everything they buy.

8 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

Nonsense, not this old trope again.

Anyone who pays tax of any kind subsidises the roads. VED isn't ring-fenced just for the roads. ICE users don't pay enough on tax alone to fund maintenance and infrastructure projects. Even someone who lives in a home and has never driven a car in their life pays for the roads and infrastructure projects through their taxes on everything they buy.

Well according to Amadeus EV car owners subsidize all infrastructure which is bollocks! And all car owners should pay same car tax depending on weight 

Edited by Banker