Tynwald today 31/10/2023

Sentience

The younger 'Boy Blunder' (not David Ashford) who is currently charged with the responsibility of our health, Laurie Hooper, showed an incredible level of arrogance with his non-answers in Tynwald question time today that has rarely ever been seen here before.

Totally negative, unhelpful and unnecessary where our Parish Politics are concerned. All that was needed where this sensitive topic (assisted dying) is concerned, was that until any legislation is passed there is nothing we can proactively work towards, which he said at least three times. It wasn't the words he chose , it was the unbridled cynical and nasty attitude!

He actually sounded like a a very spoiled teenager, angered by what he considered silly questions.

Laurie, you really do need to acquire some very badly need maturity. ASAP!

• Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, Sentience said:

Laurie, you really do need to acquire some very badly need maturity. ASAP!

You may very well say that - however, I think he needs removed from the DHSC portfolio immediately; then binned by the good voters of Ramsey at the very next opportunity arising.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

You may very well say that - however, I think he needs removed from the DHSC portfolio immediately; then binned by the good voters of Ramsey at the very next opportunity arising.

What you say I agree with, however, if Hooperman wasn’t the Minister, we would have a charade of CM Cannan taking over the role, and because like the DoI role it would be a poison chalice, and guess what, Dr Professor Ashford will be back in the post. 

• Sad 2

55 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

The same voters who inexplicably put him ahead of Dr Allinson only two years ago.  I won’t hold my breathe 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:
1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

The same voters who inexplicably put him ahead of Dr Allinson only two years ago.  I won’t hold my breathe

On reflection: I suppose the difference is that they’ve now seen him for what he is - if they fell for his waffle and promises on the doorstep last time, hopefully they wouldn’t next time around.

However, as you imply - who knows?   Look at Douglas North and the “demon spawn” Ashford…they just keep voting him back in, no matter what he says or does.

39 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Only one candidate knocked on my door. I told him that I did not think any of them were worth voting for, but as he had made the effort I would vote for him.

I read the Ramsey Marina section of all the prospectuses that were delivered. They were all in one of two camps: it will ruin the beach, or it will make Ramsey the Monte Carlo of the Irish Sea.

No one question the validity of the claim that 400 extra marina berths were necessary. I took a walk around Douglas marina at that time. There were 20 to 30 boats that looked unseaworthy or just derelict. At about that time the Round the Isle of Wight race had either 1500 or 1900 entries, from as far as the Channel Islands. The Round the Isle of Man race had 9 entries - all local, but one did not start because the crew went to the pub the night before.

No one looked at the business backgrounds of the three people involved. I have posted here before that it took me less than 5 minutes to find that Bromley Martin is using a fake businesses address - amongst other things.

In practical, common sense, terms they are all as useful as the well-known ashtray.

So... who ya goin' to vote for?

3 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Only one candidate knocked on my door. I told him that I did not think any of them were worth voting for, but as he had made the effort I would vote for him.

I read the Ramsey Marina section of all the prospectuses that were delivered. They were all in one of two camps: it will ruin the beach, or it will make Ramsey the Monte Carlo of the Irish Sea.

No one question the validity of the claim that 400 extra marina berths were necessary. I took a walk around Douglas marina at that time. There were 20 to 30 boats that looked unseaworthy or just derelict. At about that time the Round the Isle of Wight race had either 1500 or 1900 entries, from as far as the Channel Islands. The Round the Isle of Man race had 9 entries - all local, but one did not start because the crew went to the pub the night before.

No one looked at the business backgrounds of the three people involved. I have posted here before that it took me less than 5 minutes to find that Bromley Martin is using a fake businesses address - amongst other things.

In practical, common sense, terms they are all as useful as the well-known ashtray.

So... who ya goin' to vote for?

Ghost Busters?