Pavement Parking

Dirty Buggane

I'd take me ring doorbell down and take a few picture. But I'm to tight to pay the licence fee. My Ring doorbell has been adjusted  so as not to bleed off my property, so unless I recognise your shoe's I ain't answering the door. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Serious question why do people get do upset and angry about parking? Always been a mystery to me 

Angry with the twunts paid to book people going about their daily business. As I’ve said previously, if they are parked on yellow lines/blockin junctions/no tax or insurance then by all means book them. Otherwise just fuck off and stop stealing money from the very people who are paying taxes that go towards paying their wages 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Angry with the twunts paid to book people going about their daily business. As I’ve said previously, if they are parked on yellow lines/blockin junctions/no tax or insurance then by all means book them. Otherwise just fuck off and stop stealing money from the very people who are paying taxes that go towards paying their wages 

Half the island parks on double yellow lines. They rarely get booked. 

5 minutes ago, finlo said:

It's going to be ramped up as another cash cow.

I think that might be the understatement of the year 😀

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/1-5-million-collected-in-fines-and-fixed-penalty-notices/

As I've said before, this government has fast become public enemy number one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/1-5-million-collected-in-fines-and-fixed-penalty-notices/

There's an easy way to starve the cash cow. Park legally. I think they should aim to make the £1.5M, £2M.  Easy money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

There's an easy way to starve the cash cow. Park legally. I think they should aim to make the £1.5M, £2M.  Easy money.

People will be hounded to death all in the name of revenue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

It just shows how every revenue stream is being chased, lots of these fines just used to be let go.

I remember a certain Onchan builder leaving his truck on double yellows outside the old Riley's premises on North Quay on a Christmas Eve when he went to the Bridge pub and didn't recover it until the New Year by which time the windscreen was plastered with parking tickets. To the best of my knowledge none of them were pursued or paid.

Posted (edited)

50 idle twunts parking on prom walkway tonight, lots of others seem to manage to make it to Chester Street and walk back. Need to get them boys some over time, missing out out on all that sweet revenue

Edited by Dirty Buggane

3 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Screenshot_20240321-085454_Facebook.jpg