Mf Spotting...

Knoxville

ah yeah I have never seen the car round Douglas....

I was thinking about that Merc of yours for the Plymouth Dakar if I ever did it again but automatics are dangerous territory

would have been good for it, I guess.. You just can't kill the beasts - if the rust doesn't get to them, then they run forever.. Everytime you see a report from Israel, Iraq or Africa on telly, all that's driving around in the background are W123s - miss her already...

Why no auto box? When you get stuck?

You can't move for 1980's Mercs in africa, every taxi is either one of them or a Renault.

Auto boxes are just one more complicated thing to potentially go wrong - out there you want it as simple as you possibly can - plus when driving on sand etc you need to be able to control the clutch and the revs...

I saw VinnieK in town and cheesemonster2005 is over for Xmas too.

I know quite a few on here, mainly the older members from other forums (bill posters, dtcb, sirdick, ans etc), and those I know that don't know me afaik include speckled frost, jagman and thebees

seen 2005 about a fair bit too!

5 people in Colours I don't know giving me 'I know you' nods and hellos - Identify yourselves!

Bubblybabe, you missed a good night at Colours - wasn't overly busy, very good turn out :)

Never mind, there will be another time I am sure, my back was far far too sore to be there.

Glad you had a good time tho.

I know quite a few on here, mainly the older members from other forums (bill posters, dtcb, sirdick, ans etc), and those I know that don't know me afaik include speckled frost, jagman and thebees

I didn't know that anyone on here even knew what I looked like... unless this is all part of some elaborate sting operation, of course.

seen 2005 about a fair bit too!

Now how'd you know that?