7 Wonders Of Mann

Lonan3

There is currently a debate taking place to decide on the 7 Wonders of the Modern World - with the contenders now reduced to a shortlist of 21 and the results to be announced next New Year's Day.

In the same spirit, I thought we might decide to open nominations for the 7 Wonders of Mann.

Provisional suggestions: The Laxey Wheel; Peel Castle; Castle Rushen; Tower of Refuge; Snaefell Mountain Railway; Ramsey Pier & Milner's Tower.

Or does anyone have any better ideas?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quarterbridge - It's a wonder there aren't more accidents. You get in the left lane to turn right....wtf?

The Incinerator - Visitors always wonder wtf is that monstrosity.

Ned Flanders - We all wonder how he's managed to get away with it for so long.

Manx Telecom - I wonder if I can sue them for charging me for texts they never deliver (on their own network even!)

Euromanx - It'll be a wonder if they can last the year.

MEA - I wonder who really knew what was going on...

Manx Elections - I wonder will anyone bother getting off their arses and voting for the same shower of cnuts that put themselves forward.

Provisional suggestions: The Laxey Wheel; Peel Castle; Castle Rushen; Tower of Refuge; Snaefell Mountain Railway; Ramsey Pier & Milner's Tower.

I wouldn't include Ramsey pier in the list - it's an ugly monstrosity! How about the many excellent glens on the island?

It's a wonder locals can afford houses in the quaint Manx Glens?

Agree about the pier - let's form an action committee to get it demolished asap.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the northern posters, I have never understood the appeal with the pier. As long as I can remember, it has been a pile of rusting, rotting iron. When was it ever used?

A few years ago now but it was a wonderful thing to walk out and look back over the coastline

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the northern posters, I have never understood the appeal with the pier. As long as I can remember, it has been a pile of rusting, rotting iron. When was it ever used?

A few years ago now but it was a wonderful thing to walk out and look back over the coastline

Yes Rhumsaa, I am sure it was, but as long as I can remember it has never been open, unless it was opened for a time during the 80's and 90's?

Camera Obscura?

agree and will broaden slightly. Have lived in a few places but nothing gives me more pleasure than parking on douglas head, walking down with great views and then a pleasant wander along the quay. Always think about people working in middle of manchester/liverpool etc, who dont have that.

*anxiously awaits a barage of abuse about being a woman*

Yes Rhumsaa, I am sure it was, but as long as I can remember it has never been open, unless it was opened for a time during the 80's and 90's?

Was in the 80's definitely

I've been out on it and I'm not that old

Camera Obscura?

agree and will broaden slightly. Have lived in a few places but nothing gives me more pleasure than parking on douglas head, walking down with great views and then a pleasant wander along the quay. Always think about people working in middle of manchester/liverpool etc, who dont have that.

*anxiously awaits a barage of abuse about being a woman*

no I totally know what you mean, I always think that in my lunch hour down the prom and especially in the summer driving home over the mountain and looking out over the northern plain as sun shines down.... always lifts my day and makes me want to go out and enjoy the evening

1. The Chasms, the power of nature at its best and most spectacular

2. The Calf Sound, powerful, windswept and full of wildlife

3. Niarbyl, what better place to sit on a summer evening and watch the sunset

4. The summit of Snaefell, on a clear day you can see for miles

5. The Ayres, where you can walk beside the sea for miles and not see another soul

6. Ballaglass Glen, what the power of water can do

7. The Plains of Heaven, the majestic view from the top of Mount Murray

easy............I could name a dozen more, what a beautiful island we are privileged to live on.

Archived