New Ronaldsway Runway Extension - Map

Last Ten

Does anyone know where to view a plan or map online of the new runway extension at Ronaldsway Airport?

I cannot get my head around the small picture in the pamphlet that has just been delivered with the Courier which explains a bit about the extension!

I have Googled various bits and bobs about it but cannot find a decent map/plan

Thanks

LT

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know where to view a plan or map online of the new runway extension at Ronaldsway Airport?

I cannot get my head around the small picture in the pamphlet that has just been delivered with the Courier which explains a bit about the extension!

I thought the airport website might be a good place to look....silly of me. No map only news of the latest decline in passnger numbers:

Ann Reynolds, Airport Director, confirmed that the decline had been very much as expected.

i.e. down 12.7%. Won't be too long before they can lease out the new extensions for drag racing....it looks increasingly like a great investment.

Thanks

LT

2nd floor, mt havelock (DOLGE office)

What can't you get your head around from the pic in the pamphlet? It's a runway that is being extended and they are usually straight.

Thanks

LT

Read the post again spermy! The bit that says online!!!

Doh...

Thanks

LT

What? No maps around and only small pics in brochures? We can't have that kind of stuff around here!

So here's a couple of aerial shots taken this afternoon :)

001.jpg

002.jpg

One slightly bigger version - all not super duper quality as I was kinda aiming blind at it through the window on the other side...

th_003.jpg

I am also pleased to report that my ME262 is now fully operational again, so we now have airpower - just in case we're gonna try that revolution thingy again...

Great photos - thanks. And to think we could have had one of those 'ski ramps' they have on aircraft carriers

HMS_Invincible_(R05)_Norfolk.jpg

So what exactly happens to all the fish, crabs, etc etc in that enclosed area?

Surely in this day and age they cant just pump the water out and kill everything thats trapped in there.

Then again this is the iom gov we are talking suppose I should be happy they havent tnted the entire area.

BTW we went up to Turkeyland Quarry today and there was a lady with a radio watching all the planes coming in and waving and bowing to them all :huh: LT

Ann Reynolds counting them in?

Thanks

LT

Weird. My bedroom used to be on the second floor of 2 Mount Havelock before the government compulsory purchased it of my mum and dad in the 70's.

Archived