School Teachers... Your Memories...

Last Ten

Dave Cole (history teacher at SNHS) probably influenced my life more than anyone else (apart from family members). A magnificent teacher

On a school trip to the France, I left a bucket of water finely balanced on our slightly ajar bedroom door one night. The intention was that it would fall on the girls who came in to wake us up each morning.

But Dave Cole decided that was the night to check that we were all asleep in our beds.

To this day I can hear him shouting "GET UP GET UP GET UP!" as he stood there soaked to his skin.

It was excellent.

Once upon a time we dissected liver in Biology, which was followed by English with the incredibly nasty Pink Lady. Some liver ended up in her kettle.

I tried substituting Pritt Stick for Superglue on the old 'stick teacher to chair and escape from school for the day' trick, but it didn't work. Chalk never let me down though and my form teacher got so used to it that he would tease me by hovering above his chair, pretending to sit down and getting up again while calling out the register. We used to lock him out of the form room too, every single day, I never tired of finding it hilarious (but most other people did), just a quick flick of the handle and noone could get in.

So many other things too, and I used to write magazines about the teachers which were actually incredibly perverted and quite disturbing for an 11 year old. I still have a stash of them under my bed and used to sell them in class.

When one of my friends started teaching at SNHS she laughed and said she hoped she didn't have any pupils as naughty as me. The thing is, I wasn't really that bad. I was naughty in a cute, old fashioned kind of way. My attendance was excellent, I got good grades and only got senior detention once.

It was the teacher's fault for being weirdos. There were so many scandals involving teachers while I was there, some funny, others definitely not.

Edited by puddy

I also recall a very odd looking science "assistant" who was the source of constant childish speculation (balla 83-90)

Oh and what as the name of the welsh PE teacher who always Alan Partridgesque running short...still see him out and about...running...in the same shorts

Was the science "assistant" you're referring to Ian, long haired guy, biq Status Quo fan :D

The welsh guy is Mr MacGregor. "Run with the ball!" :lol:

I also recall a very odd looking science "assistant" who was the source of constant childish speculation (balla 83-90)

Oh and what as the name of the welsh PE teacher who always Alan Partridgesque running short...still see him out and about...running...in the same shorts

Was the science "assistant" you're referring to Ian, long haired guy, biq Status Quo fan :D

The welsh guy is Mr MacGregor. "Run with the ball!" :lol:

McGregor thats him...very strange uber fitness geek. Made me hate the game of rugby with a passion.

No the assistant that I remember was of unknown origin...seemed to wear a lot of foundation and yet have a 4 o clock shadow at the same time :blink:

QE2 Mr Clague & his extra tight shorts & sunbed tan (didnt he move to Balla?) & Mr Snelgrove, (what is it with male PE teachers having to wear hotpants?)

Mr Abell Maths, Train Spotter or what?

Mrs Winstanley, i remember someone making her cry, now that was funny!

Mr Hewson was ace, do you think he still wears that green jumper?

Anyone remember Mr Rich, science teacher, he put his wedding ring in mercury & wondered why it went a funny colour!

do you remember that english teacher what was her name? she looked like a witch & you could start her off on one topic & she'd just talk about random things & end up on a totally different thing, it lasted all lesson it was ace!

Mr Lister, how funny was he? always left his flies down! <_<

Ballakermeen 92-99 here,

had woodwork with Benny Ball a few times, didn't he not miss a single lesson in 25 years? (or something like that?)

also, wasn't there a teacher (female, 40's, long gingerish hair, did craft/cookery) who was found to be using a false name, as well as qualifications? -- she vanished halfway through a term and myself and 2 friends got a shouting at for even asking where she was! (we 6th formers had to 'guard' the fire alarms on the last days of term, she brought us mince pies :))

plenty of psychotic people (teachers & students alike) there though!

You were from the axact same period as me but I didn't join Balla till the sixth form and had to suffer the wrath of being in Mrs Ulyats form (or something like that). Every lunchtime registration was a nightmare because she could instantly recognise that I was stoned.

I see nobody has mentioned the Ballakermeen science teacher who used to plonk his testicles on the corner of the desks when talking to girls (best not mention his name) ;)

a bit windy today though isnt it :ph34r:

I was gonna mention him earlier but wasn't quite sure how to phrase it! It was worse if he stood behind you to look over your shoulder to check your work :blink:

(Not quite sure I get the windy reference, WSAG)

I remember the long haired science lab assistant and the only other one I remember was a lad not much older than the pupils, think he was called Colin(?)