Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

7 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Nothing perverted in liking a stunning actress like Julie Edge in her day. :wub:

Tragically dying of breast cancer aged only 64.

I think the correct nomenclature is 'stunna' Dilli...

I sat near Susanna York (with Michael Aspel) on a train once, decades ago. She was breathtakingly beautiful.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I think the correct nomenclature is 'stunna' Dilli...

I sat near Susanna York (with Michael Aspel) on a train once, decades ago. She was breathtakingly beautiful.

Very different to today's "Stars", who's photos are always photo shopped,(sp) and would never sit near "the public".

Julie Edge and Susanna York were two" top Shiellas"

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:48 PM, Craig King said:

Hey Buster has been on Talking Heads just now. Apparently he phoned Whitehall direct to find out what has been going on with Brexit and what it will mean to Isle of Man. I'm not so sure if he wouldn't do a better job than Howard Quayle and all his jaunts with entourage to Brexitville

A bankrupt with a  conviction for election fraud - should fit right in

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Craig King said:

He certainly has inordinate support on Facey.

People seem to love a villain, as long as it doesn't involve children and morris dancers, (or whatever that phrase is.)

He's a tit and basically coordinating idiots on Facebook is what got us into this whole mess on Brexit in the first place. We don't need an apparently unstable fraudster playing the role of Pied Piper of mis information for idiots on Facebook. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

He's a tit and basically coordinating idiots on Facebook is what got us into this whole mess on Brexit in the first place. We don't need an apparently unstable fraudster playing the role of Pied Piper of mis information for idiots on Facebook. 

Both Burt and Ernie need reigning in for their own good. Some of the "legal advice" Buster dispenses on IOMN&P is simply hilarious to read so I dread to think what his advice on the legal issues associated with Brexit might be. Usually the advice he offers gets deleted when someone threatens to sue him if he leaves it up as usually it's a load of old tosh he's made up when he's losing an argument with someone. 

• Like 2

Just a bit of a derailment here, but does anyone remember the "Loveline" on Manx Radio ?

I was working "nights" at the time ( early 70s) and used to tune in to MR every night and at (I think) 9.30 on week nights and ..we would have the Love Line with Stu Lowe.

The intro was "Sambe Pa Ti" by Santana and was my introduction to guitar music. I then discovered Pink Floyd and have loved that stuff ever since.

This is why I always have a soft spot for MR.

Edited by dilligaf

Just now, Uhtred said:

Bit of a leap from Santana to See Emily Play and The Great Gig in the Sky Dilli.

Not really.

I was advised to buy " Dark Side of The Moon", because of my liking of "Sanba Pa Ti"  ( guitar wise ) to see what I thought and have been a massive Pink Floyd fan ever since.

Interesting. Gilmour's guitar playing always a bit more tinged with acid (perhaps literally) than Santana's. More depth to the Floyd I'd say.

• Like 1