Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

30 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Andy Wint is interviewing pupils from one of the schools. Again, again. I think that is fair enough and it is clear that Manx Radio has dumbed down and/or down with the kids.

It's pretty painful stuff to listen to, though. The kids don't really have much to say and the interviewer does not really know what to ask.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, parchedpeas said:

.. the interviewer does not really know what to ask.

Well for sure Andy Wint won't agree with you. He knows just about everything.

He was asking if the kid was thinking about a political career. I mean, who the fuck thinks of s political career at that age (apart from Juan Watterson). This must all be part of the deal with the government Manx Radio Magic £Million.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gettafa said:

Well I have to say, I have just had over 2 hours of Christmas record overload on BBC Radio 2 (Sorry Ken Bruce, you are nowhere near as cool as you like to make out).

I might be forced to try Manx Radio.

Haven't heard a Xmas song yet (tho' Alice Cooper is threatening it on Planet Rock) listening - as I now do - to LBC

Did learn today tho' that the NYPD choir - you know, the ones who sing 'Galway Bay' - are in fact Irish people singing in the 'drunk tank'

4 hours ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Perhaps Manx Radio could try something like this for next Christmas, and perhaps the TT?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2019/radio-1-christmas-guest-presenters?

Picking random people off the street would probably not be too much different from the current output. 

At least there'd be a fair chance of hearing a Manx voice on Manx Radio

Having lived on the Island since 1978 I have listened to Manx Radio on and off for over 40 years. I have liked some of the output, tolerated some of the output and hated some of the output, so listened to what I liked and switched off when I had had a listen and not liked the content. I am afraid I have to say that there is so little that I like now that I have totally given up on it and I can’t believe that I am alone in this. RIP Manx Radio!

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Time to pull the plug once and for all on this sorry institution. 

Maybe. Was listening on 1368kHz this morning, caught the new headlines & I think the weather. All the time a background track was burbling away...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Time to pull the plug once and for all on this sorry institution. 

I see where you are coming from, but I disagree. It just needs properly sorting out.

Bu Manx Radio is very much an arm of Isle of Man Government and as such it is bullet proof and they can do what the hell they want.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 2