Coldplay For The Isle Of Man?

modey

It has been reported on manx radio that coldplay could be coming over here to play, anybody else here this?

edit to add: a uk promoter has approached douglas corporation to see if they can put a a party in the park type event on at nobles park.

I also heard a whisper that the Modfather was coming over too....here's hoping!!

yeah i've heard that one too, seen him a few times. would be good to see him at the villa

I also heard a whisper that the Modfather was coming over too....here's hoping!!

yeah i've heard that one too, seen him a few times. would be good to see him at the villa

No it wouldn't, anywhere other than the Villa then probably.

eh? :unsure:

It has been reported on manx radio that coldplay could be coming over here to play, anybody else here this?

edit to add: a uk promoter has approached douglas corporation to see if they can put a a party in the park type event on at nobles park.

It's a local Peel person called kerry stringer with a company called aquarius media so i've been told.

Two points:

1. The Villa is a great venue for intimate gigs, it is really not the right place for a rock festival, despite its high quality sound system. The limitations on numbers, for fire regs I guess, mean that any act seems unsupported and lost.

2. Is this a real possibility, or a wish list from a local devotee?

Two points:

1. The Villa is a great venue for intimate gigs, it is really not the right place for a rock festival, despite its high quality sound system. The limitations on numbers, for fire regs I guess, mean that any act seems unsupported and lost.

2. Is this a real possibility, or a wish list from a local devotee?

1.nobody actually mentioned the villa for this event, as i have stated it's rumoured to be nobles park.

2. edit: yes it appears it is a local company organising this, if you go to the webite thre is now more info on it.

What? Robbie Williams linked with festival on Isle Of Man? yeah - hocus pokus - read on and you will see that Robbies managers have said NO, he is not going to be at any festivals...its all good promo fun though isnt it?

I would have liked to see the Isle Of Man taking some initiative, having a festival with travellers or something exciting, not having 'another dull fake Glastonbury' 26 years after the festival boom happened. Festivals are like everything else - nannied to death. For our saftey, you understand. :P

And I'll second the fact that the Villa is a crap place for gigs, no matter how great the sound system, its the Villa posh Marina no smoking conference venue, to give it its full title.

Archived