Tk Max

the_kitty

I thought the sequence of events was Littleoods owned Index, had joint store here. Mores family sold Littlewoods/Index to Barclay bothers who sold Index to Argos who only took over some stores and sold Littlewoods off as well likewise purchaser nt taking over all stores. The lease did not expire but got sold to highest bidder Tkmaxx.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So basically TK Max is a shitty chav shop full of shitty little chavs and wall-to-wall cheapo crap that they can't sell in the UK.

I'll be sure to add it to my "must visit" list then.

It's not that bad really. There's good bargains to be had if you are prepared to look through it all. A lot of the stuff is chavvy shite, but there are some good finds amongst it all. I got me some decent formal shoes for work a lot cheaper than anywhere else, but crucially in my size straight off the shelf.

The general rule though is go there at 9am on a Saturday, well before all the Chavs awake from their alcohol induced slumber.

I don't understand the pricing policy.

You can see a shirt advertised with a £120 value tag, but they are selling it for £30. But you've never heard of the "designer" and you've no idea where they got the £120 value from (and you certainly wouldn't pay £120 for it)

Is there trading standards policy on how these "discounts" are advertised? If you advertise discounts in a sale the retailer has to prove that they were selling it at the full price quoted for a certain period to justify the 30% off tag or whatever. What rules apply to these sort of shops? How is the full price of the goods quantified, in order for them to be able to advertise the differential between that and the TK Maxx price?

I needed a pair of footy boots pretty sharpish for Tuesday. Went in there today (after mine basically died yesterday) - and they had a decent pair of Nikes, £24.99, and in my size. Prices on the net varied from 29.99 to 80.00 so it was a fairly good bargain (They were ~£100). The RRP applied maybe two years ago, but hey hum.

A lot of the stuff reminds me of the M&M sports catalogue, last seasons gear or the end-of-line stuff.

I do think there will be a lot of people in their fifties walking round in their Kappa tracksuits, Duffer jumpers and Yves-Saint-Laurent shirts.

Archived