Tk Max

the_kitty

I would like Argos back, failing that, I would have liked Bay Trading, Hoi Polloi or a bigger River Island or TopShop.

We never had an Argos in the first place, so we can't get one "back".

River Island and Top Shop just sell own-brand cheap sweatshop shite. At least TK-Maxx has some cheap designer stuff.

Tell you what, why don't we base the whole IOM retail sector on your own personal preference ? After all, it's not like you can shop at other shops, is it ?

Sorry it was Index! Hey this thread is for stating personal preferences so get off your high horse!

Topshop and River Island are fine, some of these Retailers have other designers designing stuff for them. How do you know they are sweatshops, dont come back to me with statements like that, its rude, I was just having an opinion like everybody else on here.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My worry is that they might just stock stuff that they couldn't shift in the other stores in the UK, so it's end-of-line-of-end-of-line. I know that not everyone does it but I can think of one shop in Douglas that sells last season's stuff, and not at a discount.

The TKMaxx's in the UK were appalling, there were clothes strewn all over the floor they were a real mess, I hope this one does not turn out the same way, it was worse than the floor in Peacocks, not that I am slating that place, its nice to go in a shop and it be tidy and well presented.

'zackly. It's diversity of choice that's needed on the island, not larger stores for brands that we already have.

I would get a bigger Topshop or River Island where TK Maxx is then use either of these old premises to put Argos in.

Thats what I meant

local traders get nowt to open a shop here

A member of my family has recently opened a shop on the Island and obtained grant assistance from the DTI to the tune of a few thousand pounds cash (not exactly a king's ransom, but helped him to get off the ground) plus other training and assistance which amounts to a lot of time given free to all who want it, and someone at the other end of the phone to offer advice if needed - all for free and all to encourage small local businesses.

Can they actually get two sets of front doors, and staircases that you can actually use when people are coming the other way.

I've tried to get in twice now and the entrance is just sh*t, if you have 10 people coming out you're stood in the pi**ing rain for ages waiting for them to leave before you can get in. Then a couple of old biddies stop for a chat and you're screwed.

Its really poor planning.

We have a TK Max in Preston and it always reminds me of a jumble sale......

Still think you lot would have loved a Primark...... nice trendy gear at cheap prices, made to last just for the season as well.......so you feel you aint wasting your money on the latest looks.

My daughter is a fashion student and is very conscious about her look and I can't get her away from the place.

Another store all you funky girls would love is H & M....... the ones in Liverpool & Mancester are ace, the one in Preston is a bit more old ladyish.

Can they actually get two sets of front doors, and staircases that you can actually use when people are coming the other way.

I've tried to get in twice now and the entrance is just sh*t, if you have 10 people coming out you're stood in the pi**ing rain for ages waiting for them to leave before you can get in. Then a couple of old biddies stop for a chat and you're screwed.

Its really poor planning.

Just push - that seems to be what everyone is doing these days. They must have passed a law while I was away.

Archived