Bible Bashers On Douglas Prom

shoepatshoe

Was I mistaken or did I see 'smart young men in suits' handing out leaflets and intercepting passers-by on Douglas promenade early this afternoon?

Just in case any of them are reading this, I don't want to join your damn Life Church, I don't want to see your crappy leaflet and unless you're prepared to give up 10 minutes of your time to listen to me waffle on about one of my interests - don't expect me to do the same!

Bloody irritating bastards - why is there never a giant freak wave when you want one.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the good rev Peter Slavedriver still running that cult or was he kicked off the Island?

The word on the street was that Peter Van Whatever did some 'bird' with our local dickheads before being thrown into the sea when the tide was going out. Apparently he was quite high up in one of the banks on the island. No doubt the job he was brought in to do wasn't able to be filled by a Manx Worker.

My arse.

Just in case any of them are reading this, I don't want to join your damn Life Church, I don't want to see your crappy leaflet and unless you're prepared to give up 10 minutes of your time to listen to me waffle on about one of my interests - don't expect me to do the same!

If you sign up for the Life Church they expect you to give them 10% of your salary. Did they miss that bit out of the leaflet?

These people are morons, that is why they have to stand on the prom looking stupid waving leaflets at people who will shove them in the bin the second they get home. No doubt they think they are sprewading the word ... but the only thing they are doing is making themselves look stupid.

No doubt they think heathens like me will burn in hell, well its better than freezing your arse off handing out shite to people who laugh at you.

These people grip my shit, they prey on the week minded offering empty promises and all for a fee.

So when we meet our maker if we have not given enough cash to his/her speakers on earth we get punished in some way?

Dogshit.

Set the twats on fire and do them a favour, if their faith is that strong then they will be happy to die and see what outcome they are getting from their investment.

Do they need a work/street permit for handing out leaflets in a public place?

I don't know, will Mr Tatlock be able to tell us? All I know is that it was beautiful weather down on the prom at about 2 o'clock yesterday afternoon and there were a lot of happy people strolling along loving life - then all of a sudden some arsehole with a 'manbag' spotted you and set about intercepting you. It was just really spoiling the moment.

If I was a person in charge in Local Government, I would be taking a dim view over my public being hassled in this way. It's a bit like that beggar that was getting a mention in another topic, we shouldn't have to endure this sort of shite on the Isle of Man.

Do they need a work/street permit for handing out leaflets in a public place?

I don't know, will Mr Tatlock be able to tell us? All I know is that it was beautiful weather down on the prom at about 2 o'clock yesterday afternoon and there were a lot of happy people strolling along loving life - then all of a sudden some arsehole with a 'manbag' spotted you and set about intercepting you. It was just really spoiling the moment.

If I was a person in charge in Local Government, I would be taking a dim view over my public being hassled in this way. It's a bit like that beggar that was getting a mention in another topic, we shouldn't have to endure this sort of shite on the Isle of Man.

If they are not working they won't need a work permit, if they are not collecting money they won't need a street permit. Anyone can hand out leaflets, provided they are not offensive or likely to cause a breach of the peace. You might think they are talking b*ll*cks, but it is their right to talk b*ll*cks in the street, just as much as it is your right to talk b*ll*cks on here.

What is the definition of offensive. I find idiots trying to take 10% of your income by telling lies pretty offensive myself.

If any of them even think of approaching me this afternoon the phrase 'bible bashing' will take on a new meaning a the good book crashes into his skull :angry:

What is the definition of offensive. I find idiots trying to take 10% of your income by telling lies pretty offensive myself.

If any of them even think of approaching me this afternoon the phrase 'bible bashing' will take on a new meaning a the good book crashes into his skull :angry:

They'll probably need the St John ambulance then ;)

Archived