Dhss Officer Suspended

TerryMcCann

Got an answer to this yet?

you seem to have issues with reading as well as comprehension. back to school for you son.

Oh really? Unlike me you seem to have some issues around parentage (I'm not your son) and this was posted by "andrew":

So if she hadn't gone to the Press about it, how would all these people in the street know about it?

But unlike yourself "andrew" doesn't claim to know the lady in question. I'm not naiive in that I would believe someone who may not know her over someone who admits they do so why don't you just answer the question instead of studiously avoiding it?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
should i ever find myself in front of a jury elected from my peers i really hope that this forum isnt a representation of the sorts of people i would see before me because you all seem incapable of any sort of sensible consideration before elevating nasty cowards to hero status

If everyone were to consider giving sensible consideration to everything before they posted on here, it would be a very quiet place indeed and a lot less fun.

Fortunately, the majority of the posters on here are perfectly able to distinguish the difference between an internet forum and being in court.

Perhaps the DHSS worker concerned should take action against your hypocritical remark of calling him/her a nasty coward? :rolleyes:

Hero??

nahhh, arrogance and nastiness to the point of stupidity?

Pretty much what you'd expect from the bored ,deskbound job for life types that inhabit the murky corridors of Markwell house.

I wouldn't mind mind betting he/she doesn't find it quite as funny now? [even though it was]

But when all's said and done , it's a win, win situation!.

The perp gets 6 months off on full pay ,as nobody in managment will have the balls to make a decision on his/her future??

The Lady in question walks away with a nice little out of court settlement and an unreserved apology.

[according to todays "Indie" she is seeking legal advice.]

happy days!

The link on page one clearly shows who was in contact with the press, read it and discover P.K.

A sad situation.

Not sure if she has a claim in defamation. was the letter ever published apart from by herself? But remember at least one poster has said he kows who she is, so no defaming here because you woudn't want to have her sue the forums and you, would you?

Same sort of thing hapened to me today. I am in middle of heated exchange with another advocate about our respective clients. I write direct and he uses his sectretary. My last e-mail was replied to with

"put that in your pipe and smoke it" and a message about saving the e-mail to file. Meant for her boss, clearly, but sent in error to me.

I contacted her to suggest she told her boss what had happened and we had a laugh about Frriday afternoons.

The link on page one clearly shows who was in contact with the press, read it and discover P.K.

I have read the link and unless the content has changed I can't find any reference to which party in the dispute contacted the press. The lady in question has asked the press not to be named but that could well have been after the reptiles broke the story elsewhere - n'est ce pas? It also doesn't explain why whoracle is being so coy. I mean, if I'm being particularly thick this pm that's fine by me!

The courts can decide if she has a case for defamation. If she does not proceed the natural reation of Joe Public would then inevitably be "So it's true then...."

The Lady in question walks away with a nice little out of court settlement and an unreserved apology.

[according to todays "Indie" she is seeking legal advice.]

happy days!

and then her benefit stopped because the settlement takes her over the capital threshold :lol:

I'll bet this one makes the nationals tomorrow. Items such as this are Daily Mail and Sun reader-heaven.

This kind of story is old territory for the nationals. I think it was in Bristol that a Doctor's memo which jokingly recommended the forced sterilization of a woman on benefit with a large number of kids was leaked to the press or somehow came to her attention. Similarly, a council worker somewhere accidentally sent a hugely insulting mock letter along the lines of "Dear interfering bastard" to a constituent who'd contacted them previously and evidently annoyed them. This incident on the Island seems fairly tame in comparison, albeit of the same nature - mirthsome office playtime goes horribly wrong when johnny butterfingers accidentally sends out the wrong letter, hilarious mayhem ensues. Management realises they'd accidentally hired the Chuckle Brothers, issue a grovelling apology, and bar anyone wearing colourful dungarees from ever working for them.

I contacted her to suggest she told her boss what had happened and we had a laugh about Frriday afternoons.

Cor, what an old fashioned reaction, you sound almost like a human being not an advocate! :)

What makes it even funnier is many .many moons ago, one of the Top dogs in the D.H.S.S. served a not inconsiderable stretch in prison, after being found to be ,one of the biggest" drug barons" on the island , talk about people in glass houses.!!!

anybody remember who he was ?

Answers on a postcard to Markwell House Douglas !

what is not clear from the info in the press is whether this 'woman' who was born and brought up here and moved away for 2 years, is a working,productive ( not biological ) contributor to the economy? or whether she got knocked up whilst away by her 'boyfriend' and came back to the island alone to be around her family and get the manx taxpayer to subsidise her lack of contraception?

Cor, what an old fashioned reaction, you sound almost like a human being not an advocate! :)

I work from home, being semi retired, I do my own typing and e-mail sending, I know the problems. It could have been me!

I also do spell and grammar check for work, but not here!.

I work from home, being semi retired, I do my own typing and e-mail sending, I know the problems. It could have been me!

I also do spell and grammar check for work, but not here!.

Well good on you. I think a good number of your peers would have puffed up their chest and given it the fulll 'do you know who I am?'.

I've seen it loads myself, some red faced administrator runs to me and asks if theres any way to recall that email they just sent to a client.

what is not clear from the info in the press is whether this 'woman' who was born and brought up here and moved away for 2 years, is a working,productive ( not biological ) contributor to the economy? or whether she got knocked up whilst away by her 'boyfriend' and came back to the island alone to be around her family and get the manx taxpayer to subsidise her lack of contraception?

Ah well at least she's a manx Parasite , i can handle that!!!

Archived