Dhss Officer Suspended

TerryMcCann

A former colleague of mine did something similar. He was convinced his letters weren't being checked properly before being returned to him to send out. So he typed up a joke letter and slipped it into the work for checking. Sadly, his suspicions were proved correct when an irate customer phoned up.

In the DHSS case, I can understand the recipient being pissed off when she got the letter, what I don't understand is her going to the press and taking legal advice on the matter. I feel that a sincere apology from the Department head, an assurance that the matter was being dealt with through the internal disciplinary procedure and a bouquet of flowers or a bottle of wine, should suffice.

I certainly wouldn't call the author a hero, more a silly boy, but I expect he'll learn his lesson.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the DHSS case, I can understand the recipient being pissed off when she got the letter, what I don't understand is her going to the press and taking legal advice on the matter.

Because she obviously has too much time on her hands in between watching day time TV and scrounging for benifit. I would guess she has seen it as way to get even MORE free money off the state.

KER CHING!

I think we should not forget (me included) that some poor twat could lose his/her job for this, none of us know the facts as to if it was a prank that went horribly wrong or not.

I suppose what I am trying to say is that whilst a lot of us are laughing about this, the alleged is now facing the possible sack, he or she may have all sorts of financial commitments and possibly a family that could also be affected by this.

Hope it is all sorted out amicably on the behalf of both parties, and hopefully very soon as well.

Last 10

If you can't do the time-don't do the crime.

Well homarus all I can say is that statement must have taken some thinking about!

Hung drawn and quartered springs to mind with that pathetic blurb.

Last 10

In the DHSS case, I can understand the recipient being pissed off when she got the letter, what I don't understand is her going to the press and taking legal advice on the matter.

Because she obviously has too much time on her hands in between watching day time TV and scrounging for benefit. I would guess she has seen it as way to get even MORE free money off the state.

KER CHING!

and if its an completely untrue allegation the why does the woman not want to be named, unless of course there is a significant element of truth in what the DHSS person wrote about her. If she has nothing to hide then she should let her name be published.

No legal aid for defamation

She can't be that much of a waster if she can afford legal Advice ?

Points more towards, the letter writer being an "asshole "in my humble opinion!

No legal aid for defamation

She can't be that much of a waster if she can afford legal Advice ?

Points more towards, the letter writer being an "asshole "in my humble opinion!

but has she got legal advice?

surely if she is on benefit she will soon discover she can't afford legal advice unless some local Advocate is going to represent her for free (can they do that?).

Archived