Taj Mahal

inspector

A lunchtime special menu and special it is too !

Pops and pickles, glass of wine or soft drink and a curry (or similar).

All for the princely sum of £5. Yes five whole pounds !

An absolute bargain and I hope people take advantage of it to keep it going.

Give it a go - you won't be disappointed.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember reading in one of Anthony Bourdain's books that lunchtime specials were a good way of shifting any unsold stock from the previous evening's service. As opposed to binning it, lol... I'm sure the Taj wouldn't be guilty of that though, lol............

So what's your point then? LOL.

lol lol lol

etc

Either you're saying something or you're not - what is it to be?

LOL!

So what's your point then?

I remember reading in one of Anthony Bourdain's books that lunchtime specials were a good way of shifting any unsold stock from the previous evening's service.

Either you're saying something or you're not - what is it to be?

Well, I clearly am saying something. Would you like me to reword it for you?

I remember reading in one of Anthony Bourdain's books that lunchtime specials were a good way of shifting any unsold stock from the previous evening's service.

If it's the book "Kitchen Confidential" you're referring to, I believe he said that a restaurant specials menu was more a result of weekly stock/delivery supply and demand than anything to do with the fixed, unchanging daily selection which is normally the lunchtime specials menu.

I forget exactly which book of his it was, could well have been Kitchen Confidential, (an excellent read) but it's been a while now since I read any of his. The comment I refer to applied to a specific special dish which suggested it was constructed from leftovers, rather than a whole menu. It's of no consequence though - I was being flippant, lol........... ; )

I remember reading in one of Anthony Bourdain's books that lunchtime specials were a good way of shifting any unsold stock from the previous evening's service. As opposed to binning it, bumsex... I'm sure the Taj wouldn't be guilty of that though, bumsex............

Might be true of specials, but a lunchtime menu at most gaffs is usually just a smaller portion of a cheap and quick meal.

Archived