[BBC News] No inquiry on Clarkson footpath

Newsbot

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A couple of observations that maybe someone could clarify?

1. I assume the Lighthouse would be a listed building?

No - why would it be?

THE TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1999

THE REGISTERED BUILDINGS (GENERAL) REGULATIONS 2005

http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/dlge/planning/c...0408reglist.pdf

item 148

Brilliant post %age.

Its a bit pathetic how some people are blindly ranting about langness (whilst bumming celebs) when they havent got a clue about it.

Like tugger said. Let the court tell clarkson oh look its a right of way by manx law. job done.

Thats the risk Clarkeson is willing to take to save himself and the government money.

If the court finds there isn't a right of way job done too!

But note - its Clarkeson who is putting his money where his mouth is - something Prowl has never done rather lobbying with little support for Tynwald to take on the case for them.

Not sure if I understand the purpose of your post, is it a sarcastic response to point out that I should have checked the relevant Government documents before I used the word "assume" ?

A couple of observations that maybe someone could clarify?

1. I assume the Lighthouse would be a listed building?

No - why would it be?

THE TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1999

THE REGISTERED BUILDINGS (GENERAL) REGULATIONS 2005

http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/dlge/planning/c...0408reglist.pdf

item 148

Thats the risk Clarkeson is willing to take to save himself and the government money.

But note - its Clarkeson who is putting his money where his mouth is - something Prowl has never done rather lobbying with little support for Tynwald to take on the case for them.

I assume he's been given pretty positive legal advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it seems there will be an enquiry now as Tynwald voted to continue even though there is a civil court case looming.

Phil Gawne was on Manx Radio Mandate this morning. He reckoned that it would (only) cost around £600 a day for lawyers involved in this sort of work. Tens of thousands rather than the £million said by David Cannan. Fuckenhell Phil, you wouldn't get a manx dvocate to walk out the door for two hours for £600 let alone string it out and pontificate in court for a few days/weeks/....

My money would be on the lad from Michael for who is the nearest.

edited for wrong words

I assume he's been given pretty positive legal advice.

I think he must have used most of the Island's legal firms by now - will this be the 4th set he has employed ?

He must be even more obnoxious than anybody imagined.

S

And that is how it should be. Clarkson has changed the status quo, and rights of way belong to everybody, not just those who (thankfully) fight for them.

S

And that is how it should be. Clarkson has changed the status quo, and rights of way belong to everybody, not just those who (thankfully) fight for them.

S

But he hasn't taken the right of way away.......................All he's done is divert people from his window so he can have some privacy.

........................It's pathetic that government money is being spent on something as menial as this ...........................

K lol,lol ;)

:angry:

This is very stupid waist of my famly money

If simple judge can say "Prolw rite" OR "Mr Clarkeson rite", this corect path

No no no spend tax person money if simple judge can do same quik job

Waite waite waite befor spend poor tax person money on privat land problem

Me very angry very angry :angry: - let MKH spend them own money befor makin this stupid cost for every public person

They Tynwald power crazy in own head

They mentaly delood and think rule world and fix evry little stupid problem

Why prolw person think they can waist my family money

they probly no work person with to much time on hand

Archived