[BBC News] No inquiry on Clarkson footpath

Newsbot

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it really need three heroes from the House of Infinite Wisdom.? Couldn't one just sit at the table with either then both sides and thrash out something. Or perhaps a mediation - paging John Wright....................

Actually, most people on here seemed to think it was a waste of time and money given that there is no right of way.

I'm inclined to agree except that from what I understand, you have assumed that it is "given there is no right of way". Do PROWL accept this or have you simply made it up?

I can't see what Tynwald has to do with it. Either there IS a right of way, in which case the PROWL lot should use the COURTS, not the LEGISLATURE, to solve their problem, or there ISN'T a right of way, in which case, tough. The courts are the place to determine whether there is, or is not, such a right

Strange that the person who intially started PROWL seems to have dissapeared from its public face and is sending other names to the front. I hope everyone involved with it is aware of the real drive behind it, which I think still isn't quite clear - a bit too much noise over a bit of path and some things don't add up...

From the BBC article:

The pressure group Prowl (Public Rights of Way Langness) wants access to a footpath on his land. It is not a right of way, but a "permissive route".

Why would I make a term like 'permissive route' up?

Also, I was under the impression that Tynwald is the highest court on the Island?

Prowl claim a permissive route, slightly different from a right of Way

Indeed a permissive route is (slightly?!) different from a right of way.

John, you are also stating that PRoWL claim a permissive route. Where have you picked this up from? Someone posting it as a fact on www.manxforums.com?

Seriously.

Archived