[BBC News] No inquiry on Clarkson footpath

Newsbot

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like many people, I really can't see what all the fuss is about, in terms of a tiny bit of pathway being closed off so that people don't gawp into the window of some minor celebrity and his family. Mind you, I'd have hung a nice set of nets, but that's just me being chintzy.

id have to agree on that,

what a load of fuss for bugger all

so what u walked the path for 50 years, well just think the new path hes made will be something new a change of scene :D:D

Clicky

Para 9

Worth quoting for the lazy:

I face a similar set of problems in the Isle of Man, where I have a small piece of land. It’s listed as a site of special scientific interest, which means I must harvest the crops from the inside of the field outwards and use sheep to keep the grass down. I am willing to do this. I am also willing to avoid fertiliser, which means my turnips look like conkers and my barley is the colour of a U-boat.

But then I am told I must also allow people to go out there with their dogs, which chase the sheep into the sea and leave so much shit around the place that it scares away the birds I’m trying to attract with my DDT-free crops and escape-route harvesting techniques. That’s the trouble with environmentalists. Their love of wildlife is almost always outweighed by their hatred of the rich.

They think that anyone with a Range Rover and a few quid in the bank must have earned that money by pumping polonium into the ozone layer and beating tramps to death with baby ospreys for sexual kicks.

They therefore assume that he or she will view the countryside as nothing more than a site for a factory that can pick up the baton dropped by the people at Bhopal.

Clarkson's Sunday Times column.

hes speaking a pile of sh1t.

No, he's finding it on his land.

yes which is scaring the birds away......... :huh:

I tell u, the amount of times ive seen a chough about to land and go... "omg billy look a big dog turd... i am going somewhere else this place is disgusting"..(in crow language of course).

hes speaking a pile of sh1t.

No, he's finding it on his land.

yes which is scaring the birds away......... :huh:

I tell u, the amount of times ive seen a chough about to land and go... "omg billy look a big dog turd... i am going somewhere else this place is disgusting"..(in crow language of course).

I'd agree with him too. Sick of taking the kids for a walk up there and then spending 15 minutes scraping shit off their shoes before they get back in the car. If I actually owned the land I'd be even more pissed off.

i see a simple way to cure it all,

now while dogs off a lead can be shot near sheep, i think its unfair on them, not there falut, so shoot the bloody owner its there fault,

and anyone found not picking there shit up, drag there sorry ass back there and rub there face in it,

c how thay like it,

bet ppl would keep them on leads and clean up after themselfs then :cool:

I stopped taking my dog for walks on Langness years ago. The whole area was ruined by selfish dog owners with out-of-control dogs and poo. The dogs drop it and some of the owners speak it.

Does anyone know of a dog-owner with an old van (transit?) with something like "dog patrol" hand-painted on the sides, and a flashing light on the top?

Jeremy Clarkson deserves a knighthood for refraining from threatening violence on those that mess with his land and property. I'd block the public entirely if I'd had to put up with what he, his wife and family have had to suffer. PROWL is just a synonym for Celebrity-Baiter, in my Thesaurus.

Who will their next target be? Can't Russell Grant see it in his stars?

talking of dog cr4p on paths.... has anyone ever been fined for it.? Surely a few 1k fines would sort the problem out in a second.

back on langness.. i think some people get confused and think its a battle against a celeb just cus he is a celebrity. its not.. if the previous owner had blocked it off in the middle of the night without prior warning then im sure exactly the same would have happened.

fossils - who has messed with his land and property or what has happened? cus I havent seen anything there.

Clarkson and his team are very clever in how they pick up on what the public dont like, exagerate it and use that as ammo.

Its spin at its best.

but before i get flamed like mad since i seem to be the only one not getting caught up in celebkissassathon. I actually prefer the path where it is now. :D

I think in the latest article, Jeremy Clarkson is raising another argument that isn't there in the first place. Still, I s'pose he has to fill up newspaper space though.

Does anyone know of a dog-owner with an old van (transit?) with something like "dog patrol" hand-painted on the sides, and a flashing light on the top?

he has had his name in the paper ( due to the courts ) a few times in recent years.

Archived