[BBC News] No inquiry on Clarkson footpath

Newsbot

back on langness.. i think some people get confused and think its a battle against a celeb just cus he is a celebrity. its not.. if the previous owner had blocked it off in the middle of the night without prior warning then im sure exactly the same would have happened.

Its only you and a handful of PROWL nutters that care. Most posters here are taking the piss out of the situation because its (a) farceical and (b) embarrassing to most of us who live here.

"Man moves fence" might be a more appropriate headline. He moved a fence a few feet big f**king deal!. His article in the Times was right - its not about anything other than a few "when-i's" wanting to have a go at Clarkson himself.

The person who kicked all this off - his former neighbour from across - seems to have been conveniently airbrushed out of this farce, but we all remember who that was even if PROWL choose to forget.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The person who kicked all this off - his former neighbour from across - seems to have been conveniently airbrushed out of this farce, but we all remember who that was even if PROWL choose to forget.

You mean Dick Hodge?

http://www.manxradio.com/readNewsItemo.aspx?oID=4641

Funny that someone who lives behind an 8 foot wall (The PROWL site initially gave The Falls, Tromode, as contact/postal address) demands to exercise his "right" to trample through someone elses garden. Always been saying - there's more to this dispute than meets the eye, and I fear some of the well-meaning and concerned souls are being used here without realising...

They think that anyone with a Range Rover and a few quid in the bank must have earned that money by pumping polonium into the ozone layer

Sorry Jezza but I think you'll find it's pretty well known that in this case they got their dosh from pumping the likes of carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, benzene, formaldehyde, polycyclic hydrocarbons etc etc into the ozone layer with a pathetically childish delight.

For once I agree with Tynwald in that they've taken the best way to reach a good old-fashioned compromise, which is all that's needed.

• 2 months later...

The Top Gear programme last night was very good, the one with the Peel car. They said it was the best car they had ever had on the show and were very good about it.

For this reason alone the argument should be over and any path or public right of way or whatever that might or might not be there should be just given to Mr Clarkson. Because we just can.

• 7 months later...
B B C news now , Jeremy Clarkson interview over" Langness Footpath"coming up

Biassed reporting! They interviewed a new-age, hippy, moaning, beardy, anti-everything-but-especially-celebrities Prowler. Not unexpectedly they (very deliberately?) failed to mention that the whinging is all about a 2-minute detour that only just stops walkers stepping in the Clarksons' corn flakes, and didn't interview any of the thousands of normal, non-sensationalist moderates who agree that they would do as the Clarksons if they found themselves in the same unacceptable plight.

Of course I would never suggest that this timely report was rigged as an anti-Clarkson propaganda move to try and influence the outcome.

B B C news now , Jeremy Clarkson interview over" Langness Footpath"coming up

Biassed reporting! They interviewed a new-age, hippy, moaning, beardy, anti-everything-but-especially-celebrities Prowler. Not unexpectedly they (very deliberately?) failed to mention that the whinging is all about a 2-minute detour that only just stops walkers stepping in the Clarksons' corn flakes, and didn't interview any of the thousands of normal, non-sensationalist moderates who agree that they would do as the Clarksons if they found themselves in the same unacceptable plight.

But broadcasting the truth about us locals wouldn't have reinforced the UK media's perception of the Isle of Man now would it?

and didn't interview any of the thousands of normal, non-sensationalist moderates who agree that they would do as the Clarksons if they found themselves in the same unacceptable plight.

I doubt any of the normal, non-sensationalist moderates or anyone else for that matter would buy a piece of land to use as such a home with even the possibility of a public footpath running through or near it.

Man in pub could have told him there's be trouble before he bought the place.

Which firm of advocates provided Mr Clarkson with the initial advice?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/7740818.stm

I still think there's more to this than just a bunch of ramblers kicking off over a few feet of footpath - don't forget the whole start of this and that the previous head-prowler has stepped out of the limelight and is sending other people out in front of the cameras.

Still makes me laugh when I think back to the first protest - 50odd people driving their cars through the countryside to protest for their right to walk. Really time these people call it a day - they've caused enough embarrasment and have wasted enough time - just go home, the lot of you.

and didn't interview any of the thousands of normal, non-sensationalist moderates who agree that they would do as the Clarksons if they found themselves in the same unacceptable plight.

Which firm of advocates provided Mr Clarkson with the initial advice?

who ever it was was probably correct in saying there is NO official right of way, move the fence if you get trouble with nosey cunts.

perhaps clarkson should just put one way glass in his windows, sell up , and tell any prospective purchasers that the glass was a necessity as the island is full of nosey cunts who won't keep off your private property. he should invest in half a dozen 'retired' police alsatians and have them running loose on HIS land.

who ever it was was probably correct in saying there is NO official right of way, move the fence if you get trouble with nosey cunts.

Then they would be correct to take the nosey cunts to court. Probably.

As I said, man in pub could have predicted this hoo-haa. Why didn't Jeremy's advisers?

Unless of course they did.

Archived