Where Is Good For Lunch In Douglas

Minxie

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe so but it was a sad day when that bird from The Sanctuary left :)

<stalker> She was in Java for a bit I think? Not been in there for a while though, too pricey.</stalker>

Laughing Bhuddas lunch menu is good too.

Greens used to be a big fave with me, but they got a new guy in and all the prices went up, so have avoided it for a while. Was in yesterday, new guy wasn't there, menu was cheaper, so might take it up again.

Had a nice chineese meal in that asian caff next to the signed pix shop, but the wife didn't rate hers in there.

Rovers. They've got a stack of dishes available on the blackboard and the food comes in record time - and it's hot.

It's not expensive and if you get there between 12 and 1pm it tends to be very quiet.

I always end up there if I'm stuck for a bite.

Agreed, good food, good quantities, and very fast - just what you need if you are on a restricted lunch break.

Chips, Cheese and Gravy a speciality.

Great beer, too, if you dare have some at lunchtime!

Ended up going to Alessandro's for lunch. It was very quick service, although I did just order a standard pasta dish, so something else may take a bit longer (on the way out I saw somebody eating an omelette that looked very nice). The portion was a good size too so felt full afterwards.

PS for the men, there was a reasonably attractive young lady serving too :)

keep going until you get to the Colby Glen Hotel. Its a bit of a hike, especially if you're carrying your shopping, but what a great pub with great food!!

Mmmm, went there the other night for the first time in ages and had a mixed grill. What a beast of a meal, extremely tasty and modestly priced too. I'll be back!

Ended up going to Alessandro's for lunch. It was very quick service, although I did just order a standard pasta dish, so something else may take a bit longer (on the way out I saw somebody eating an omelette that looked very nice). The portion was a good size too so felt full afterwards.

That will be the fit blonde polish one then.. ?

Yeah, she's a fox, rarr.

The missus usually gets the omelette, and I usually have a steak ciabatta, comes out quick enough for us.

Agree wholeheartedly, I love a good, honest caff. Double egg and chips well done really is the food of the Gods.

Anywhere that can do really good poached eggs on thick toast is a winner for a shopping breakfast.

I've found my perfect woman :)

And no one has mentioned Feegans Internet Cafe yet!

Good food and very reasonably priced, always fresh veg and no greasy or frozen packet stuff. Give it a whirl.

And whilst you are on about the service, Harry is the tops, but nowhere near as nice looking as his daughter who is back on the Island helping him out ;)

Archived