Dogs Home Reborn ?

cheeky boy

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

Killed off by the six pack,  a spliff or two and a Netflix account.

I was going to go to the pub after work, but instead i've gone for a 10 pack (Stella, £9 in Shoprite!!), two spliffs (so far) and yesterdays football weekly podcast

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I was going to go to the pub after work, but instead i've gone for a 10 pack (Stella, £9 in Shoprite!!), two spliffs (so far) and yesterdays football weekly podcast

It's like they made your life into a song...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Dogs Home disappeared long before the smoking ban. Killed off by having Marksies and Shoe Zone dropped on top of it.

Shoe Zone ( or a shoe shop, Freeman Hardy & Willis, Saxone, Stead & Simpson, Dolcis - one of the Sears/British Shoe Corporation conglomerate  ) was always on the corner of Drumgold and Strand Streets. In fact it’s the only original bit still left.  It didn’t drop on anything near the Dogs

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Shoe Zone ( or a shoe shop, Freeman Hardy & Willis, Saxone, Stead & Simpson, Dolcis - one of the Sears/British Shoe Corporation conglomerate  ) was always on the corner of Drumgold and Strand Streets. In fact it’s the only original bit still left.  It didn’t drop on anything near the Dogs.

It's an ugly old building. Shame they didn't drop that instead of the Dogs 

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Shoe Zone ( or a shoe shop, Freeman Hardy & Willis, Saxone, Stead & Simpson, Dolcis - one of the Sears/British Shoe Corporation conglomerate  ) was always on the corner of Drumgold and Strand Streets. In fact it’s the only original bit still left.  It didn’t drop on anything near the Dogs

I stand corrected John.

4 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

It's an ugly old building. Shame they didn't drop that instead of the Dogs 

It was refaced or refronted in the 1970’s. It’s an odd little block that. There’s a leg on the back of what was Maley’s/Lloyd’s which runs behind the shops fronting onto Strand Street, which was occupied by Courties prom shop

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Explains a lot...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I'm not far behind you TT. I'm not a spliffer per se but I'm sat nicely here in front of a roaring fire and I just might crack that Christmas whisky bottle. Much as it pains me, I have to say it is all a lot more desirable than the grotty pub these days. I used to love the Friday after work pub but it has been maybe 15 years since ICBA with it. Ah well.

• Like 1

I'm in the pub; but it's pretty empty (hopefully nothing to do with me :lol: ) ...must just be a diehard that refuses to let it go, not like Fridays used to be though...

Then again, it's just before Xmas...people saving up for their pressies and their Xmas partying proper....and maybe not as flush as they were just a few short years ago too?

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

I'm not far behind you TT. I'm not a spliffer per se but I'm sat nicely here in front of a roaring fire and I just might crack that Christmas whisky bottle. Much as it pains me, I have to say it is all a lot more desirable than the grotty pub these days. I used to love the Friday after work pub but it has been maybe 15 years since ICBA with it. Ah well.

ah old age... get a tena on and get that whisky down yer.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, John Wright said:

Alexandra Taylor’s we’re located on the corner where the shoe shop is now.

There we’re there until the early seventies.

• Like 1