Easter Cheer

monkey magic

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunno about you guys but I thought the Boro-Utd game this arvo was a cracker. Really enjoyed it, even if we should have won ;)

Indeed, I thought United controlled it for the first half-hour but then 'Boro really came into it. Just wonder about your thoughts on the the commentators remarks?

"if they played like this every week, they'd be in the top six."

United could/should have been 3 up in the first half hour but for a couple of dodgy decisions. They seemed to get all the decisions in the second half - I reckon the ref was trying to make up for it. But yeah, Boro should have won that. They kept chasing it, and the United defence was crap.

Indeed, I thought United controlled it for the first half-hour but then 'Boro really came into it. Just wonder about your thoughts on the the commentators remarks?

"if they played like this every week, they'd be in the top six."

Heh, don't get me started. We had one season where we played like that pretty much every game, where they ground out a result even though they were the poorer team etc. and we finished 7th. We seem to have accepted the template for our season is to flirt with relegation until there's about 7 or 8 games left then pull clear of it and finish somewhere around 12th and then maybe put in a good cup run. We never perform when we're not the underdogs, Cardiff was the perfect example!

To all the liverpoo fans here congratulations on proving once again ur team is cack and that ur manager is a tactical mastermind :lol:

Good result tonight for a Caca Team!

it was a VERY dodgy penalty if the ref hadn't gave that to you Arsenal were through

So what about the 4th goal? Are you suggesting that the Arsenal would've played better in the last 10 mins had that penalty not been awarded? They were knackered and Babel got his shirt pulled a fair amount when he scored, which were the actions of a tired and desperate Arsenal player.

So what about the 4th goal? Are you suggesting that the Arsenal would've played better in the last 10 mins had that penalty not been awarded?

They probably wouldn't have committed men forward in desparation. It was all or nothing after the penalty. So yes, they would have played better.

exactly they would have seen the game out at 2-2, the ref cheated in the 1st leg & cheated in the 2nd leg but hey ho thats the way it goes sometimes

2 penalty decisions caused the outcome. The 1st one was blatant and even UEFA came public afterwards admitting that the ref got it wrong.

I have seen penalties not given for worse than last night and penalties given for less than last week. unfortunately thats how football goes.

it was a VERY dodgy penalty if the ref hadn't gave that to you Arsenal were through

Bollocks. It was a blatant penalty. Kuyt's one was too. If Babel hadn't been given that penalty he would have still carried on running at the Arsenal goal (as the 4th goal proves) and would have got through the tiring Arsenal defence. Arsenal were fantastic in the first 25 minutes and played Liverpool off the pitch but the right team won in the end.

Bollocks. It was a blatant penalty. Kuyt's one was too. If Babel hadn't been given that penalty he would have still carried on running at the Arsenal goal (as the 4th goal proves) and would have got through the tiring Arsenal defence. Arsenal were fantastic in the first 25 minutes and played Liverpool off the pitch but the right team won in the end.

your the only person i've spoke to so far who actually thought it was a penalty my brother was at anfield and had a great view in the kop and could see it wasn't a penalty as i said in a later post these things happen but you have to be honest with yourself as how is that a penalty but ronaldo getting barged off the ball against portsmouth in the fa cup not one?

your the only person i've spoke to so far who actually thought it was a penalty my brother was at anfield and had a great view in the kop and could see it wasn't a penalty as i said in a later post these things happen but you have to be honest with yourself as how is that a penalty but ronaldo getting barged off the ball against portsmouth in the fa cup not one?

Babel had a clear run at goal and was bundled over from behind - Toure put his (not inconsiderable) weight on Babel, causing him to lose his balance. If he hadn't barged into Babel, he would have stayed on his feet with only the keeper to beat (exactly what happened in the fourth goal)

I have to say last night's ref was a bit of a tit - he was giving free kicks out for dirty looks.

And where did I say that the Ronaldo incident was NOT a penalty?

Archived