Google Earth

BigDave

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it good or bad that more satellites are buzzing over the island... Hmm :unsure:

Hey Mission you'll be going on about the chemtrails soon? ;)

Lolz :D

Anyone know what happened to Mr. I? I only met him the once, must be 4/5 years ago now.

It looks like the DoLGE mapping data. Have they been selling it?

If so I want my house and me ... deleted!

Im looking for odd bits and bobs - maybe if people find some they can add the Lat Long to this thread ... it could be a long thread!

Twas last summer sometime, on a day we happened to be having a picnic in the garden. I can see the picnic rug and the paddling pool!

It says Jul 2006 at the bottom of GE.

Only weird thing I've seen so far is another Ballasalla up near Sandygate in the North.

Lat 54°19'38.16"N

Long 4°30'58.32"W

post-127-1210714224_thumb.jpg

EDIT:

I'm agreeing with 2006 my car is outside my old house on Google Earth, last summer I was in the new one.

Twas last summer sometime, on a day we happened to be having a picnic in the garden. I can see the picnic rug and the paddling pool!

defo 2006,

as there aint a big area of stone yet at my house, or the big hole it came out of

I have a vague idea, which might be wrong, that some of the stuff we are now seeing on Google Earth was previously restricted from use as a result of an old arrangement or contract with some other company; Getmapping possibly.

Not sure what day or time of day it is though. I can see my van outside my parents place but there's very few other vehicles around. The stands are up for Tynwald Day but it can't be that close as there's nothing else around there. There's a match being played at Peel but a quick look elsewhere shows no goal posts up at a few other grounds.

Edit: It must be after Tynwald Day as you can see where the Homecomers Marquee was.

Dont think we can narrow it down to one day, its made up of Aerial Photos I think so would be have to take a few days to do the whole Island. I must have been on a day off 'cos my cars at home

Archived