Hardware Dvd/divx/xvid Player

ans

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought one, and I'm impressed by the looks... Looks a lot better than I expected. I'm going to try a couple of movies on it now...

EDIT - Must agree with the other bad points - the remote is fairly iffy and the tray flimsy. Asides from that, it looks very professional - I threw in a random DVD+RW and CDR and it played both no problems - both with good quality.

Not sure - I'll have a gander through the manual or you may find something on google, the model is the Skyworth 3650;

http://www.divxplayers.co.uk/reviews/sky3650/index.html

(Note : the review states in the 'cons' that "OSD always displayed when a DivX/XivD file is played" - he obviously didnt see the big OSD button to turn it off)

ahh

just found this

http://www.skyworth-smi.com/English/avproducts/DVD.htm

I was thinking of going down the Phillips / Panasonic route for a new widescreen tv, dvd and home cinema setup tbh but I've seen some nice B&O and Mission (lol) speakers too. Not sure now though, I don't have a sound system at home atm, my only source of music is my pc.

I'm really in the market for a whole new system tbh, separate from my pc (which is in a seperate room). I need TV, dvd (player and recorder would be nice), cd, radio, cassette (tape to tape option would be ace - I know it's old hat but handy for the car) and vinyl.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

OK found the fix for the Skyworth, a simple firmware flash.

BURN THE FILE ”SKY.BIN” ONTO AF CD-R (ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS)

NAME THE CD-R ”SKYWORTH” (ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS)

INSERT CD-R INTO DVD, AND FOLLOW ONSCREEN INSTRUCTIONS

WAIT WHILE UPDATING. THIS CAN TAKE A COUPLE OF MINUTES

AFTER SUCCESFULL UPDATE, THE PLAYER WILL RESET/RESTART ITSELF

WARNING!!! DO NOT TURN OFF DVD PLAYER WHILE UPDATING. This will lead to A defective DVD player.

UPDATE WILL HAPPEN ON CUSTOMERS OWN RISK

I've attached the SKY.BIN file, the page I got it from is here.

Mine is working amazing now, no jerkiness at all and you even more options to play with. When you first boot it up again, it will have the Input Type set too off, go into the Setup and turn it back to RGB.

Enjoy!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Go over to scouseland on a day trip and get some gear from Richer Sounds. I've bought my hifi stuff from them for the last 12 years or so and have always been impressed with their service & staff attitudes, silly cheap prices, and of course the tasty gear I've had from them.

I was going to buy some mission floorstanders a couple of years back, then when I went to the shop and listened to the Eltax ones they were selling I was amazed at how good they sounded compared with the dearer missions.

Ive just aquired a Pinnacle Showcenter 1000g, quite expensive but worth every penny in my opinion, I play most stuff from the pc now, from mp3's, divx to vob's, saves alot of burning disc's etc, I just need to get a pci or usb2 tv card now then I can record from the tv-sky.

Archived