Hardware Dvd/divx/xvid Player

ans

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(tape to tape option would be ace - I know it's old hat but handy for the car) and vinyl.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Buy a better car, they come with CD players these days, Grandad!

Stav.

:D

I've got a 6 disc cd player in the boot stav (it even came as standard, not optional extra).

I have hundreds of cassette tapes though and I still like to listen to them.

Keep your hair on, I was only joking!

Instead of tape to tape, buy a CDR / RW with tape deck and burn your tapes onto CD. That's what I did and you never need to worry about that best tape being chewed up ever again! (you know which one I mean, the best tape you've ever had and that single moment of silence just before you hear the crackle and realise that the machine is chewing up the last twenty years of your life and it can never be replaced!)

Burn two copies, one for home and one for the car.

Stav.

Sounds like a plan my man, I'll investigate the matter further.

Not suffered the tape chewing experience in a long time but yeah, you're right, a lot of them are mix tapes and not something that can be replaced.

Stav, you can't really advocate someone buying a new tape player just to record to cd? Just plug your tape deck into your line in on the pc and mp3 the tapes, save your dosh.

not to mention the fact you can get software to clean up the audio a bit too.

Stav, you can't really advocate someone buying a new tape player just to record to cd? Just plug your tape deck into your line in on the pc and mp3 the tapes, save your dosh.

I intended to buy a CD recorder with a tape deck for this purpose. Unfortunately, when I bought the machine, I didn't notice that the one I bought didn't have a tape deck! (Put it this way, I was a bit surprised when I got it home! :blush:)

I had an old CD player which the CD deck didn't work but the tape deck was working and I used this to record my tapes.

I let Mrs Stav dump hundreds of my tapes. Every time I went to do it, I'd sit there for hours trying to decide which ones to keep and which ones to dump. They never got dumped so I thought the best way to do it was let her throw them away when I wasn't looking!

Stav.

I've just troopered downtown at lunch and picked one up myself - still 10 or so left in the window.

Certainly cheaper than the second XBox I was considering for the lounge.

I suppose its also time to order myself a DVD burner!

Mission - if you want I have a rather good quality twin tape deck you can borrow to do your tape stuff, assuming you have something to record them onto.

Let me know and I'll unhook it so you can use it for a while.

That's very kind of you Cret, I appreciate that.

I've got nothing at the moment though, I'm looking at getting a whole new setup but the money is going elsewhere for now. I'll get around to it at some point this year though, not going to be the latter part of it methiks.

Well if you need to borrow it at some point let me know. I rarely use it these days but keep it just in case I fancy digging out the tapes.

Has most settings you could want for doing recordings from tape.

Archived