Roadworks On Quay From 4th Jan

Hugs

The Department of Transport is warning there are likely to be delays from Tuesday morning as one of the main routes into Douglas is shut off.

It marks the start of months of work in the area of the former E B Christian's bridge.

The aim is to create a boat-park in the upper reaches of Douglas inner harbour.

As the charge back to work gets underway in force after the considerable festive break, traffic heading in past the Nunnery will be directed along south quay and barred from heading towards the Tesco turn off.

South quay has double yellow lines along much of its length but cars do park there, from time to time, because of the businesess that operate there.

The situation will have to be policed carefuilly to make sure the extra weight of traffic can be coped with as well as possible, and traffic wardens are likely to be seen patrolling in the area.

Alternatively more motorists may take their chances with the Quarterbridge junction.

Taken from ManxRadio.com

Me thinks tomorrow morning may be fun while people work out what's going on :/

Those D.O.T people aren't happy unless they're making motorists lives a misery somehow.

I bet the temporary traffic lights will start popping up everywhere, as well as more hair brained schemes that'll have more roads closed.

Whats it going to be like with this road closed and someone wants to take their boat in or out of the harbour at rush hour? The bridge takes a week to go up and back down again! The DOT have been trying to make people use this route into town to avoid the QB. If the vicarage road is still closed, all southsiders will find it quicker to go via Ballacraine !!!

Me thinks tomorrow morning may be fun while people work out what's going on :/

There have been signs up for months warning people of it and the details of the work have been in the paper a few times.

Commuter trains that come from the South and West and run past Douglas Station, along North Quay, past the Sea Terminal and along the (repositioned) Horse Tram tracks to Summerland...

Blah de Blah de Blah.......

They should have sorted out those two completely stupid mini roundabouts first by the slowest cantilever bridge in the world and outside the new police station.

I am sick of getting cut up by people who think they can't drive on the cobbles surrounding the roundabout so they cut into your lane on the left :angry:

Whichever idiot designed those needs to be sacked :(

Archived