Tt Races: Green Racers' Manx Spirit

Brizo

Another thing that makes battery power a better option on cars is some of the new devices one being the use of turbine tubes under and on the side of vehicles that use the air speed passing through them whilst driving to recharge batteries and secondly the new generation of photovoltic cells being used on car roofs to charge batteries both whilst running and stopped, this second method has been proven to be very effective when people are using the car for short trips and parking up for a time, also take into account that photovoltic cells at home could be used during the day to charge up a battery bank ready to charge the car at night when you get home.

Aye, and large car parks are perfect for solar charging stations.

I don't often agree with you Slim but it's nice to see at least one person thinking on the correct lines, this is actualy happening in some places where reserved spaces are set aside for electric vehicles with recharge points as part of the parking fee.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i dont mean horse drawn .. and if they can do it in manchester they can do it here.. 140 million on a hospital 40 mill on a runway .. its not as if a forward thinking project is beyond them.. the change is inevitable as oil reserves are dwindling fast.. 30 years time petrol/diesel cars would have been history for 10 years..

Will an electric bike that can do 150mph have a good chance of advancing this particular niche?

Same bike is coming here for the TTXGP, generating some nice press for the island:

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2009/02/mission-motors.html

Sebrof: 3-phase AC induction motor and a liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery isn't a standard lynch motor, and saying the batteries are standard lion is the same as saying a Porsche has the same engine as a fiesta. Production bikes like this push the technology even if they don't use radical new inventions, they refine existing technology to become more efficient and cheaper.

The range is 150 miles. The TT course is 37 miles. It doesn't need charging twice a lap.

This bike uses a Lynch motor, and is a competitor of the Mission:

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/12/wo...bike-125mph.php

I expect the The Mission batteries are standard Lithium-Ion with cooling. These characters don't have the resources to invent new batteries.

And as for the claimed range - we shall see.

Have to say I'm looking forward to seeing it, but I just don't think it is especially green.

Of course, what will kill it is the absence of noise. Who wants a quiet motorbike?

S

Will an electric bike that can do 150mph have a good chance of advancing this particular niche?

Same bike is coming here for the TTXGP, generating some nice press for the island:

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2009/02/mission-motors.html

Sebrof: 3-phase AC induction motor and a liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery isn't a standard lynch motor, and saying the batteries are standard lion is the same as saying a Porsche has the same engine as a fiesta. Production bikes like this push the technology even if they don't use radical new inventions, they refine existing technology to become more efficient and cheaper.

The range is 150 miles. The TT course is 37 miles. It doesn't need charging twice a lap.

This bike uses a Lynch motor, and is a competitor of the Mission:

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/12/wo...bike-125mph.php

I expect the The Mission batteries are standard Lithium-Ion with cooling. These characters don't have the resources to invent new batteries.

And as for the claimed range - we shall see.

Have to say I'm looking forward to seeing it, but I just don't think it is especially green.

Of course, what will kill it is the absence of noise. Who wants a quiet motorbike?

S

a sub question to this topic how much is d.t.l or t.t. org. giving to this person to organise this plus all his playaways etc. or is he paying for it him self ?would be interesting to find out. so the budget for this years t.t. could be well over the £700,000 for last years overspend by acu party fund?

well i dont mean horse drawn .. and if they can do it in manchester they can do it here.. 140 million on a hospital 40 mill on a runway .. its not as if a forward thinking project is beyond them.. the change is inevitable as oil reserves are dwindling fast.. 30 years time petrol/diesel cars would have been history for 10 years..

And have Electric Railways/tramways running to Peel and along the old MNR to Ramsey (allows for higher running speeds along the straighter trackbeds and serves developing out of town housing areas such as Glen Vine, Kirk Micheal + Ballaugh + Sulby) Could take people right into the heart of Douglas, Ramsey and Peel.

. Look out for other clips.

Looks good. Is he carrying spare batteries in his backpack? :)

Don't like the look of their rider though. Obviously they're using some media studies student as a test stunt rider. Makes sense I suppose since media studies students are ten-a-penny and highly expendable.

post-10616-1234722106_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Archived