Aliens

Chinahand

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes thanks i have seen that page before .. but it wasnt what i was really after .. i will pm someone to see if they can email me any hard copy..

and place a link here.

also can we discuss one point at a time until you have finshed on that point and then move on .. and in the spirit that has now decended on the thread i will say please to this request .. any point will do but lets just do each one in a fullest way first please.

yes i comprende just fine thanks spent a fair few hours on the parrabolic arcs or as you described them eliptical arcs.

Must...resist....urge....to...correct!

would you prefer i used a word processor first for this thread before posting slim. .. it will save any errors and stop you getting all exited over simple spelling errors that once posted and viewed i just cannot be bothered to correct whether they are accidental or not, plus that way there will be capitals in the right places etc....

we are just talking not writing a CV or a letter to the high bailiff.

would you prefer i used a word processor first for this thread before posting slim. .. it will save any errors and stop you getting all exited over simple spelling errors that once posted and viewed i just cannot be bothered to correct whether they are accidental or not, plus that way there will be capitals in the right places etc....

we are just talking not writing a CV or a letter to the high bailiff.

I mean your use of parabolic, not that you've spelled it inocrrectly. I'll let it slide, it's clear you've no clue, yet won't listen to anyone but nut jobs on youtube.

ofcourse my parabolic error slim .. and cheap shots wont work here your cheap trolling will just show you for what you are.

and unless you have something on topic to say and have sourced it i will not be replying to you again.

ofcourse my parabolic error slim .. and cheap shots wont work here your cheap trolling will just show you for what you are.

and unless you have something on topic to say and have sourced it i will not be replying to you again.

It's not a cheap shot, it's not a troll, but it's further evidence that you struggle with the very basics. This is why your so easily led by dramatic music backed videos with daft conclusions on youtube.

This part of the press pack seems to contradict what you are saying:

The Tether Optical Phenomena

experiment, by Dr. Stephen Mende of Lockheed Martin's Palo

Alto Research Laboratory, CA, will use a hand-held low-light-

level television camera operated by the crew, to provide

visual data to help scientists answer questions about tether

dynamics and optical effects generated by the Tethered

Satellite.

Though if you look at "other" TOP footage it looks very different from the tether video - no data overlay etc on the tether video - that makes me doubtful that it was the TOP camera used for the Tether video - I presume it was another one of the cameras on the shuttle.

Link 1

This video shows the crew and ground control discussing camera delta.

The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one

Men are from Mars????

Calling Dr Dave to the thread - as far as I am aware when illuminating an object with a broad spectrum light source (like the sun) it is basically impossible for it to be visible when viewed with a camera sensitive to one part of that spectrum and invisible when viewed with a camera sensitive to a different part of that spectrum.

The only objection to this might be an absorbsion line in the spectra - but that is for such a tiny portion of the spectrum it can be entirely discounted in this case - the cameras will not be sensitive to one specific frequency, rather a range orders of magnitude wider than an absorbsion line.

Correct? Or am I missing something?

Quite right, I think I mentioned something about this in the other thread... Here's the spectrum of sunlight:

Solar Spectrum

See how it peaks in the visible? Actually, it peaks somewhere around green light. This is the spectrum of light falling on these objects. According to MM2, the objects are only visible in the UV (since they're only visible on the UV camera, and only from the shuttle for that matter).

So again, let's outline two possible explanations:

1) UV camera picks up UV reflections from tiny objects close to the shuttle, objects are too small to be seen from the ground.

2) UV camera picks up UV reflections from mile wide objects around the tether. No UV reflections are seen on the ground, even though conditions are good for this (cf: the actual UV observations of the tether from the ground). No visible light is seen from mile wide objects.

We have one explanation that is entirely parsimonious, fits the known facts and science and is quite mundane in its likelihood.

Alternatively we have another explanation that requires the invention of complex alien technology and motivations (absorb visible and IR reflections, direct only UV reflections only at camera in nearby spacecraft) to get to a state where it is even remotely plausible (and even then it ignores questions about the optical artifacts).

Interesting aside on space debris: in the eight years up to 2002, the solar panels of the Hubble Space Telescope were impacted 725,000 times. There's a lot of stuff up there.

Dave

Going back to an unanswered post...

Is it not we who "gather" these "random" stars into groups that we call galaxies, making them not so random?

It is gravity which gathered these starts into galaxies - immediately afte the big bang, density fluctuations in the primordial matter meant that certain regions had a higher graviational field density than others, making the matter in thos regions collapse into stars and galaxies.

• 1 month later...

This is an amazing photograph of Io transiting Ganymede - you can see the shadow of the smaller moon cast on the surface of the larger one. Click here for more details.

gany-io20090816.gif

But the reason I've put it up here is that it shows a similar effect to the one Manxman2 was going on about in his "tether" video.

It looks like the smaller moon is going behind the larger one - its not, its an artifact of the camera - astronomers know its infront - and you can see the shadow its casting on the object behind it. The pixels are merging giving an appearance of the lighter smaller moon going behind the larger one. Its not true in this case - and its not true in the tether video either - but if you took the pictures at face value you can understand the confusion.

its all very well talking about space and aliens, but is anyone going to deal with the important stuff?

takeaway containers, plastic or metal? Rhumsaa still needs to know!

• 4 years later...

Archived