Whitesnake

Slim

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They did indeed. at the Bowl I think.

Miss Take, that's exactley what they do.

Not sure about the Bowl Oogie, but they def. played at the Lido

And for some of my useless trivia, they stayed at a hotel on the prom in Douglas in 1983 while rehearsing for Flick of the Switch.

Amazing what you hear at gigs.

Dad rock, at it's finest!

Someone like Fatboy Slim would be a tenth of the cost and would attract a lot more, the perception of visitors to the Island and their taste in music by government officials is as dated and mystical as Paul Daniels' piss.

Why would anyone want to watch some balding middle aged twerp playing records?

WTF who are this Whitesnake????????/ they sound crap... are they on zimmer frame's or what... rock the rock... acdc!!

It may be my memory playing tricks, but AC/DC played over here in the mid 70s before Whitesnake was even formed!!!

but they have no simmer's just look at the ROCK ON IT. if you can..PLZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvoeeq-BH4w let it run till it get's to 257 Seconds if you can handle it me lady................................................'..........................i just love the 8*feet wide scaffold .... i'm working on a price for acdc ...........location is done .... no offence to money bags & gov... but think it would be better with out them...they are both in for the money side & not the rock...MAKE ROCK & THEY WILL COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone like Fatboy Slim would be a tenth of the cost and would attract a lot more, the perception of visitors to the Island and their taste in music by government officials is as dated and mystical as Paul Daniels' piss.

HA HA HA

The same reason a smaller number of people would be watching a bunch of old age twerps.

I would rather watch someone that has had 6 top ten hits rather than whitesnakes 2 and, play a whole selction of songs from different artists rather than just whitesnake.

Prancing Dad rockers is a bit of a dull sight, at least with Fatboy Slim you get an excellent stage and visual show, and often infuses live sections in his sets.

Creamfields UK 2008 was superb.

The same reason a smaller number of people would be watching a bunch of old age twerps.

I would rather watch someone that has had 6 top ten hits rather than whitesnakes 2 and, play a whole selction of songs from different artists rather than just whitesnake.

Prancing Dad rockers is a bit of a dull sight, at least with Fatboy Slim you get an excellent stage and visual show, and often infuses live sections in his sets.

Obviously there's a taste issue here, but if you think some dick playing records fits TT week better than a rock band like Whitesnake, you need your bumps feeling.

Who wants a selection of songs from different artists? It's a gig not a wedding disco!

And success wise, Whitesnake have had six top 10 albums, two top ten albums in the USA, one of them triple plantinum. You really don't want to get in a record sales pissing contest here.

And prancing dad rockers rule, the Robert Plant gig sold out instantly, what more do you want?

Obviously there's a taste issue here, but if you think some dick playing records fits TT week better than a rock band like Whitesnake, you need your bumps feeling.

Who wants a selection of songs from different artists? It's a gig not a wedding disco!

And success wise, Whitesnake have had six top 10 albums, two top ten albums in the USA, one of them triple plantinum. You really don't want to get in a record sales pissing contest here.

And prancing dad rockers rule, the Robert Plant gig sold out instantly, what more do you want?

Robert Plant was in Led Zep though. ;)

I've a funny feeling we'll be discussing something similar next year, and year after regarding who the DTL have booked for TT.

They should have booked the Prodigy - "rock" enough to attract the metal-lovers and "dance" enough to attract the people who think that playing someone else's records on stage makes you a musician.

Amen brother..

I could the meeting room at hte DTL though.

"is that, that firestarter man? oh no he looks like a bloody hooligan, no get whitesnake now and we can have REO Speedwagon next year."

Planes the above is to be said in the style of Barney's boss

Archived