Whitesnake

Slim

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recent info (from Wikipedia)

In March of 2008 Whitesnake played at the Rock2Wgtn two day festival which also featuredOzzy Osbourne, Kiss, Poison, Alice Cooper and Lordi, with special effects by Peter Jackson of Lord of the Rings and the Academy Award winning WETA Workshop. In April 2008 the band released a studio album called Good to Be Bad which reached the #5 in the UK album chart.[6] During the summer of 2008 Whitesnake headlined a UK tour along with with Def Leppard[7], with Black Stone Cherry opening the UK arena shows in June and Thunder opening the July shows.

On February 11th 2009, Whitesnake announced they would be playing a festival slot at Download Festival, UK on June 14th via their official website. They also announced Def Leppard would be playing on the same day.

Personally, I was a fan of drummer Cozy Powell who was with them for a year or two and his '1812' solo was the best ever IMO.

hmmmm, first reaction is disapointment. But I can totally understand why the DTL have booked them. Very safe.

No doubts this gig will be great for all those involved.

Personally if really must have 'classic' rock, break the bank and get AC/DC! They're a classic rock institution.

Otherwise, it would be nice to see things progress. Example, this years download (aka donington) festivel.

hmmmm, first reaction is disapointment. But I can totally understand why the DTL have booked them. Very safe.

No doubts this gig will be great for all those involved.

Personally if really must have 'classic' rock, break the bank and get AC/DC! They're a classic rock institution.

Otherwise, it would be nice to see things progress. Example, this years download (aka donington) festivel.

Whitesnake are playing Download. Or is that not what you mean?

Archived