Whitesnake

Slim

I think AC/DC really would break the bank - they cost hundreds of thousands and are hardly going to play the Villa Gardens

If they could do a good outdoor venue (not a half arsed one) and have one big IOM Govt sponsored event then put a good band on cheap so you may not get much back ticket wise but the place is rammed and the atmosphere becomes electric

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmmmm, first reaction is disapointment. But I can totally understand why the DTL have booked them. Very safe.

No doubts this gig will be great for all those involved.

Personally if really must have 'classic' rock, break the bank and get AC/DC! They're a classic rock institution.

Otherwise, it would be nice to see things progress. Example, this years download (aka donington) festivel.

Whitesnake are playing Download. Or is that not what you mean?

Sorry, what I mean is at this years Download they have the likes of the Prodigy playing as well as the heavier & classic rock acts. A fine move I think from the Download organisers. The way the Prodigy go about there live shows will very much appeal to a Download crowd.

Ah, I see. A bit like having Van Morrison and the Fun Lovin' Criminals? God I loved that gig (FLC, didn't go to VM)

Hahaha, yeah the FLC gigs were great! Had a better view when they played The Royal Hall. I went to VM, he didnt say much, nice day though!

Hay slim, your right, the Whitesnake willbe a great gig for all those involved.

nothing confirmed, but heard something about the Red Hot Chili Pipers before.

If they're going for that sort of novelty tosh they should've booked the Lancashite Hotpots or the Wurzels. If the Pipers are booked I'll be expecting no more than £10 a ticket or the DTL are rodding us blind.

Archived