Ryanair Latest Cash Idea

GD4ELI

Budget aerial cattle transporter Ryanair may ask the self-loading cargo to pay for a visit to the loo, chief exec Michael O'Leary suggested today.

I think that any webpage whose other topics include

• Teen sacked for 'boring' job Facebook comment
  • Dominican lad suffers six-day stiffy
  • UFO wind turbine prang site: Exclusive photos
  • Hertfordshire drivers endure 200-year roadworks

should be treated with a large pinch of salt. On a 1 hour flight I would rather pay a total of €12 for return flights on Ryanair (as I did recently) and go to the loo before I get on the plane than €250 for the equivalent journey on a so-called 'full service' airline. I guess the real questions include why is Ryanair worth more than BA, why have the likes of Swissair, Alitalia, Sabena disappeared and why are Iberia, Olympic and Aer Lingus having financial difficulties when Ryanair is still very profitable? Love them or hate them Ryanair are just about the most profitable airline and close to the top of passenger load factors. When it comes to the 'hip pocket nerve' people vote Ryanair even if the service no better than FlyBe, BMIbaby or QueasyJet.

PS: Sadly there is no way that we are ever going to get Ryanair (or other large budget airlines) flying here as we just don't have the population base or the tourism infrastructure to support them - but tourism destinations that these carriers fly to have benefitted enormously - we are stuck with the IOMSPC and FlyBe

People will just piss into plastic bottles instead.

Really? For the sake of a pound??

Note to self...buy shares in She-Wees!

We are talking about people who choose to fly with the horror that is Ryanair.

A pound is a vast amount of cash to them, almost as much as the flight itself cost

I seriously doubt they would actually get away with this; human rights of people who have bladder problems etc......

Micheal O'Leary going by the usual principal of "There's no such thing as bad publicity", anything for a couple of column inches.

People will just piss into plastic bottles instead.

I'm sure the cabin staff will be well pleased

They'll just sell it back to the punters on the plane and re-brand it as coffee like all the other airlines!

I seriously doubt they would actually get away with this; human rights of people who have bladder problems etc......

Micheal O'Leary going by the usual principal of "There's no such thing as bad publicity", anything for a couple of column inches.

Someone probably asked Michael a stupid question and he gave them the silly answer they deserved.

Archived