Ryanair Latest Cash Idea

GD4ELI

I seriously doubt they would actually get away with this; human rights of people who have bladder problems etc......

Micheal O'Leary going by the usual principal of "There's no such thing as bad publicity", anything for a couple of column inches.

They probably would get away with it. Plus they've said that no UK law would be breached. They had the whole issue 5 years ago about charging for wheelchairs and they lost that case so they added €0.70 to the price of every ticket so maybe they'd lose this case too?

As for the 'no such thing as bad publicity' that's exactly true for Ryanair. These stories are spun directly from the head offices of Ryanair which then uses the reaction as a kind of free market research and to create itself more publicity.

Just heard a recording from a plane spotter at BEM airport.

The gist of it is ...

Ryanair flight lands, rather heavy, with a strong tail wind. Pools of smoke seen as the wheels spool up on contact with the tarmac. Reports windsheer to the control tower on approach .. and adds at the end of a long roll out ..

'sorry tower - I seem to have left a rather large skid mark on your patch'

Tower responds ..

'Roger that captain .. that will be a pound please'

• 3 weeks later...

Hehehehehe found this cracker on Spoof:

Budget Irish airline to bring in a range of optional charges, such as breathing on the plane

Following on from the news that Irish budget airline Tryandair plans to charge customers a pound for use of the on board toilet (50p if you use the outside toilet), Chief Executive Paddy Whaque has announced a new range of charges to make him even richer.

In a statement issued to journalists today (at a charge of £3.50), he said that the airline was still the cheapest in the world. From today, all tickets are going to cost only a £1.

He added that provided people just bought a ticket, and did nothing else, such as turn up for their flight, check in, bring any luggage or actually expect to fly somewhere, their charge of £1 represented the best value for money in the travel market today.

Charges on top of the basic all-inclusive £1 ticket being introduced by Tryandair from next week include £5 if you turn up, £5 to check in, £10 if you are carrying anything to the check in, £3 for a seat, £7 to use the stairs up to the plane, £1 for a hostess greeting, £15 if you plan to breath on the plane, £1 to use toilet (with a supplement of £1 for toilet paper and £1 to wash your hands), £2 to watch the safety video, or £4 for a live demonstration, £3 to listen to Captain announcements, £3 for a cup of tea, £1 to adjust your seat, £2 for a seatbelt and £15 if you want to leave the plane when it reaches its destination.

Mr Whaque said that this scale of optional extras meant that all passengers, or "cattle" as they are officially reffered to in all the Tryandair literature, had the unique choice of exactly how much they wished to pay in total for their travel experience.

Spoof

• 4 weeks later...
Michael O'Shity's latest idea:

Ryanair considers 'fat tax' for obese passengers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-...passengers.html

Never one to turn down publicity, is he...

Its a fair point though, if I wiegh 9 stone, someone else on board is 18 stone should I pay to compensate the extra fuel they add?

Everyones rattling on about Co2 emissions, whats the difference between a plane load of overwieght people compared to a plane load of people within recommended weight guidelines?

Everyones rattling on about Co2 emissions, whats the difference between a plane load of overwieght people compared to a plane load of people within recommended weight guidelines?

Its all down to fuel burn. An aircraft cannot (or isn’t supposed to) despatch in excess of its Maximum Take Off Mass Authorised but how you work that out without weighing the passengers I will never know. You can be stripped naked for security but not have a combined person and luggage limitation as it might offend the lardy?

So the amount of Co2 emissions will depend on fuel burn which for any given aircraft will depend on weight / altitude. Therefore a plane loaded (for example 100 seats capacity) with skinny folk will have a lower fuel burn than and aircraft loaded with lardy folk because the Mass will be less. Of course if the aircraft of lardies flies higher than the aircraft full of skinnies then the resulting Co2 emissions may be less for the lardies than the skinnies. But then you are dumping Co2 emissions higher into the atmosphere and there is a suggestion that the higher you dump then the more damage you do.

So the amount of Co2 emissions will depend on fuel burn which for any given aircraft will depend on weight / altitude. Therefore a plane loaded (for example 100 seats capacity) with skinny folk will have a lower fuel burn than and aircraft loaded with lardy folk because the Mass will be less. Of course if the aircraft of lardies flies higher than the aircraft full of skinnies then the resulting Co2 emissions may be less for the lardies than the skinnies. But then you are dumping Co2 emissions higher into the atmosphere and there is a suggestion that the higher you dump then the more damage you do.

If I'm fat and I fart a lot during the flight, does that make it better or worse?

If I'm fat and I fart a lot during the flight, does that make it better or worse?

It depends on what altitude you parp one out at. The pressurisation system is such that it works by regulating the through-flow of air through the cabin and thus your particles of richard will soon find their way into the upper atmosphere. Of course in the unfortunate event of a 'follow through' the resultant change in body mass will make no difference since there is no overboard sluice on todays jetliners. Still, i am sure it would make you popular with your travelling companions who would be delighted to fund you to the tune of one euro in order that you might deposit your out-take in the appropriate recepticle.

I think that the fat tax is a brilliant idea. There is nothing worse than being stuck on a flight and some gut lord (or lady) invading your personal space with their flab!

It's also a double bonus, means not many Americans will use the airline.

• 2 months later...
  • PS: Sadly there is no way that we are ever going to get Ryanair ........ flying here

Well thank fuck for that.

• Years ago I was flying to Dublin from Liverpool with this shower. Having checked in and been told the flight was on time, watched the departures board. Delayed, delayed then "Cancelled" flashed up. No one came to see the expectant travellers in departure with an explanation. Eventually the (naturally) angry mob located some poor Servisair lady who could offer no explanation and basically said we were on our own.

It gets better - the day after I was booked with them to fly back from Dublin to Birmingham. Going through the tortous process of obtaining a refund (I couldn't begin to describe it) I was told that none would be available for the Dublin-Birmingham journey as that flight had left on time, notwithstanding that this joke of an airline company had failed to get me to Dublin from where I was supposed to return. The whole fiasco cost me a fortune with paying for hotel accomodation in Dublin I could not use and having to pay again for accomodation in Liverpool.

Sorry Manshimajin, but I would not welcome this poxy airline .

Archived