The Wave - New Project For Old Summerland Site

John

A nightclub would be better than nothing. Does seem weird when the Island has only has two or three proper nightclubs, and Colours and Havana are horrendous places to end the night. (But obviously that wouldn't be a government scheme.)

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

They may as well hand it over to a local developer now to build 'Summerland Apartments'.....only a matter of time I tell you, only a matter of time :D

Not likely right now when half compete apartments sites have been put on ice because there's no market for em.

Colours and Havana are horrendous places to end the night.

I don't suppose that you'd have much of a chance to pull in there. Perhaps you should consider being in Guys and Dolls to 'end the night' ;)

From experience, Guys and Dolls is just as straight as anywhere else except the clientele in terms of the straights is made-up of more chavvy people who want a camp giggle or hen party. (Though considering how Canal Street in Manchester isn't going, it isn't so different). I wouldn't hold out too much hope of pulling on a night out in the Isle of Man, it's not like in Manchester.

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

They may as well hand it over to a local developer now to build 'Summerland Apartments'.....only a matter of time I tell you, only a matter of time :D

Not likely right now when half compete apartments sites have been put on ice because there's no market for em.

Although given the importance and size of the site any development would probably need a year or two for design, planning, and building regs, on top of a couple of years build so starting the ball rolling now might not be a bad idea if they wanted to go that route of course. May integrate leisure facilities in the lower floors and accommodation above.

From experience, Guys and Dolls is just as straight as anywhere else except the clientele in terms of the straights is made-up of more chavvy people who want a camp giggle or hen party. (Though considering how Canal Street in Manchester isn't going, it isn't so different). I wouldn't hold out too much hope of pulling on a night out in the Isle of Man, it's not like in Manchester.

Okay, you got me on that one. Not a great deal I can say about all that now is there. I've heard something about Canal Street but I think that was on here some time ago when someone posted a picture of the street sign and the letter 'C' had been crossed through. I'll admit that it took me about five minutes to figure out why it was so much more amusing to others and why I couldn't get passed the obvious schoolboy humour. I think I eventually made the connection after Google enlightened me to the reputation.

A nightclub would be better than nothing. Does seem weird when the Island has only has two or three proper nightclubs, and Colours and Havana are horrendous places to end the night. (But obviously that wouldn't be a government scheme.)

Havana is not a night club.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope of pulling on a night out in the Isle of Man, it's not like in Manchester.

Are you saying that you can't pull on a night out on the Island? Are you a tree?