Phobias

Miss Take

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too hate other people's hair when it's detached and left in the bath etc. disgusting.

Heights are my main phobia these days though, strange considering I have scaled 200ft plus high Tx/Rx towers with no worries in the past, been gliding etc. and even done a bit of climbing. I even get nervous these days if someone else is near a height - and sometimes even turn away if it's convincing enough in a film.

Touching door handles - especially on public toilets.

Yeah, that's one of mine too. If the bin for paper towels is by the door I'll use the towel I've dried my hands with to pull the handle. If not I'll pull the hanle from the very top where fewer people will have touched it! If I touch the handle and it feels wet I cringe and feel infected with the filth of others.

I do the 'top of the door handle' thing too. Just think - maybe we're all doing it and it's actually the dirtiest bit of the handle??

The sight of bread buttered by other people makes me nauseous and if I were to eat some, I'd be sick.

I also have an intense hatred of 5p pieces to the extent that I can't physically hold them in my hand. If there's no charity box in a shop to dump them in, I'll carry them out (balanced on top of the other change in my hand) and throw them on the floor.

that made me LOL, I hope you realise that now you've said that..people will be throwing 5p pieces at you and chasing you with a slices of buttered bread, just to see you squeal like a girl..

:lol:

*goes to raid the kids piggy banks in search of 5p's*

Buoys, chains, ropes, anchors and anything else that has been in the water. Bottoms of boats are the worst although I did drive past one a couple of months ago (with my eyes shut).

All of the above.

Also, heights make my bollocks hurt.

Plus spiders of course.

Mould! i have chucked out loads of pans and tupperware because i couldnt look in them to see if there contents were ok, if i or someone else left them out overnight in the heat here in Australia. i could not even think of just washing them out and using them again. :P mould on bread can have me chucking up for ages just looking at it!

Archived