Phobias

Miss Take

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Discovered recently that I have a phobia of people saying 'but you're English so you'll ...'. Actually wait - phobia isn't the word. Hatred is more like it.

I'm happy with heights but if I see someone on telly or at the cinema who's in a dangerous position at height (eg Neo at the start of the Matrix), my feet tingle.

That, again, makes my bollocks hurt. I'm often in pain watching action films.

There's an advert on at the moment showing a football stadium with loads of skyscrapers built around it, so that people can get a view of the match. There's a view at the end, looking down on the skyscrapers that are looking down at the stadium - even that makes my bollocks hurt.

It's almost certainly cancer of the testicles.

Could be a hernia......

I have a phobia of people who claim to have a "phobia" of something, when in fact they are just a bit scared of it or just dislike it. There's a big difference.

I have a strange dislike of plating up food. I can cook it, but the wife has to plate it up for me...

My biggest fear is being buried alive, so much to the point that I will avoid subways etc at any cost. That and the word castle. Just hearing it makes my skin crawl.

Is that the Northern style Cas'le, or the southern way of Ca®stle?

If its just the one, try using the other.

Slugs (I can tolerate the sight of them from a few yards away but if I accidentally touch one in the garden it makes me freak out a little bit). Strangely, snails are fine and I've got no problem with picking one up and putting it on my arm.

Needles (absolutely shit scared of them!)

Poisonous creatures (not a worry over here thankfully)

Heights.

So a few standard ones there I suppose apart from maybe the slugs.

Is that the Northern style Cas'le, or the southern way of Ca®stle?

If its just the one, try using the other.

It is most definitely both, although on the odd occasion I absolutely have to say it, I go for the Northern way.

Archived