Phobias

Miss Take

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't say its a phobia but can't stand lifts, I'll go in one if I have too (rarely), but where available i'll use the stairs (even if i'm carrying heavy luggage!),

Another thing i'm not keen on is heights, makes me sick if I look down, fine going up but getting back down is near impossible.

I have fear of not being afraid of heights (what's the phobia name for that one?). In other words, I find myself wanting to be almost fearless/reckless when faced with a steep drop, so I have to avoid going close to the edge of cliffs. Is this unusual, or am I JPN, as my wife suspects?

Me?

Lepidopterophobia

Fear, a REAL fear of moths and butterflies.

Especially those horrid big fat moths, Endromis versicolora.

Also some of the Drepanidae family.

I loath them all but those especially.

As for cicadas, don’t even go there.

I have fear of not being afraid of heights (what's the phobia name for that one?). In other words, I find myself wanting to be almost fearless/reckless when faced with a steep drop, so I have to avoid going close to the edge of cliffs. Is this unusual, or am I JPN, as my wife suspects?

I think I know what you mean. You're not afraid you'll fall, but jump?

I think I know what you mean. You're not afraid you'll fall, but jump?

I've been up a lot of mountains to find it's not that you're afraid you'll jump or fall, but rather you'll go over the edge and just float away - weird...

I have a phobia that I'm not loved but just being used for sex.

Right now my life is a living hell...

Cheese and Ice Cream Van music.

Are cheese and ice-cream vans a Salford speciality? I've not seen them anywhere else.

S

Funerally enough I think so. There is some horrible gitface who drives around the Seedley area playing the 'Entertainer' full blast. It is the only tune he has and he doesn't even let it finish but cuts the music off just before the end. And he buzzes around between the months of February and November. Who wants ice cream in the winter? I hate him.

But I couldn't think of anything more diabolical than cheesy ice cream.

Can I make up some silly ones like Ans did?

They're not made up. Anyone who knows me in real life would support that.

Why are you scared of 5ps?

I can get the butter one, as if some manky looking skiv was buttering my bread I wouldnt eat it ( hygene and all that ).

But the 5p's I dont get?

Archived