The Hop Garden

Minnie

Must have gone there on one of their bad days - based on which I have not been back. Sounds as if it has picked up.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fish & Chips Large £9.95

Bushy’s beer battered cod with chips mushy peas tartare sauce and a lemon wedge

Smaller Portion of Fish & Chip £7.95

I wonder what they have cut back on.....

I'm guessing a smaller piece of fish and less chips? Could be wrong though.

Fish & Chips Large £9.95

:/ I didn't miss the 's' off chips for the smaller portion. Tis what their menu say

Fish & Chips Large £9.95

:/ I didn't miss the 's' off chips for the smaller portion. Tis what their menu say

the original poster asked for comments on the place, food etc, not small minded critique on the menu.......prick!

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Hop Garden on saturday night and I have to agree with the comments on here, it was very nice. The food was great and the service was good. Would definitely recommend it, especially the blueberry crumble cheesecake.

Went to the Hop Garden on saturday night and I have to agree with the comments on here, it was very nice. The food was great and the service was good. Would definitely recommend it, especially the blueberry crumble cheesecake.

On the recommendations on here went to try the Hop garde again today. I have to say we were really disappointed. The service was awful, totally unwelcoming. The lady who served us was monosylabic, surly and very abrupt. She certainly didnt make us feel welcome she didnt smile once and was really frosty. The food was not great - had the roast and fish and chips. The fish was a good piece huge portion, but the batter was really heavy and greasy, the veg on the roast was hard and the meal was cold. On the plus side the setting is beautiful, the ducklings were very cute. Maybe this lady was having a bad day - but we wont be rushing back there.

On the recommendations on here went to try the Hop garde again today. I have to say we were really disappointed. The service was awful, totally unwelcoming. The lady who served us was monosylabic, surly and very abrupt. She certainly didnt make us feel welcome she didnt smile once and was really frosty. The food was not great - had the roast and fish and chips. The fish was a good piece huge portion, but the batter was really heavy and greasy, the veg on the roast was hard and the meal was cold. On the plus side the setting is beautiful, the ducklings were very cute. Maybe this lady was having a bad day - but we wont be rushing back there.

?

Why the ?, roo?

That's a shame, manx-minx. Hope you complained about the food. We're going again in a couple of weeks for Sunday lunch so will see what it's like then.

I was hoping it had improved - indeed it sounded to have - but now you make me wonder. Consistency, not just in the batter, but in the service seperates the good places from the so so. It's great to go to a place that is always good and not dependent on someone's mood that day.

Hope you have a good Sunday lunch Minnie.

Why the ?, roo?

That's a shame, manx-minx. Hope you complained about the food. We're going again in a couple of weeks for Sunday lunch so will see what it's like then.

Normally I would complain, but yesterday I didn't. My friend and I did discuss saying something, but decided that we would probably have been met with hostility rather than hospitality. Plus having 3 children with us we didnt want any upset. Funnily enough my friend had questioned going there as 2 years ago when she last went, for her 40th birthday, she was met with rudeness from this same lady, who actually embarassed my friend in the conservatory in front of all her friends - all because her 4 year old daughter had asked for some ice! I am glad that you had a good meal, but as mentioned consistency in service and food seems to be lacking.

Ooops sorry,i was just wondering what "MONOSYLABIC" means? I've never heard of it before, :unsure:

Sorry my typo - should be double 'L' as in mono - meaning one, syllabic - syllabol, so words such as Yes, no etc. Ie not talkative very closed and abrupt.

Ooops sorry,i was just wondering what "MONOSYLABIC" means? I've never heard of it before, :unsure:

Sorry my typo - should be double 'L' as in mono - meaning one, syllabic - syllabol, so words such as Yes, no etc. Ie not talkative very closed and abrupt.

Thanks for that but still not heard of it,just wondering what would be the opposite?

Archived