The Hop Garden

Minnie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannot stand the place.

Rude, expensive.

Nice if you like to have your pudding as they hoover up around you, or enjoy a drink afterwards as they slosh buckets of water and bleach about your feet.

Sit in the bar side and sup beer to the smell of damp washing and a dishwasher.

Great.

Has anyone been recently for a meal there? I'm looking for opinions on the place, please....is it any good, an idea of the sort of meals on the menu, does it get very busy, value for money, do you need to reserve a table etc etc. Ta.

Rose's on the way to Sulby is the best! go or be punished

Has anyone been recently for a meal there? I'm looking for opinions on the place, please....is it any good, an idea of the sort of meals on the menu, does it get very busy, value for money, do you need to reserve a table etc etc. Ta.

Totally agree with you there Cafe Rosa is the only place to eat,expensive but so worth it,make sure you starve yourself first though because the portions are huge,real chips too,if you can't manage a dessert then take one home,i can totally recommend the "lemon terrine" but they are all really yummy. :thumbsup:

Totally agree with you there Cafe Rosa is the only place to eat,expensive but so worth it,make sure you starve yourself first though because the portions are huge,real chips too,if you can't manage a dessert then take one home,i can totally recommend the "lemon terrine" but they are all really yummy. :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more with that, went there for the first time in a very very long time the other week. The portions were massive, and the food was very nice indeed. I wouldn't hesitate going back there at all. The starter was as big as some restaurants main courses.....

• 4 weeks later...
Went there the other week, the food was average, the fish was straight out a freezer,

What? They didn't even cook it?

Don't blame you for not wanting to go back

nope was cooked, just the type you get for 99p from shopshite.. I dj d at the Clinchs on Friday and they sarvedan amazing buffet, best party food i have had in a long long time, i am deffo going to get a table booked there.

I love your shameless plug! Should get you a few more gigs there!

Went there the other week, the food was average, the fish was straight out a freezer, more hard batter than fish,

not going back again.

Must have been unlucky, I was there last week and the fish was very obviously freshly battered, not frozen batter.

Very impressed, had a nice meal.

Went there the other week, the food was average, the fish was straight out a freezer, more hard batter than fish,

not going back again.

Must have been unlucky, I was there last week and the fish was very obviously freshly battered, not frozen batter.

Very impressed, had a nice meal.

ditto on the fresh fish, best batter around too. shouldnt worry about johns 'shameless plugs', he does that, anywhere he works , or has a chance to get in there, 'is the best ', OBVIOUSLY!!

ps. you prob know the chef there john, he will be deeply peed off, (as he should be) that you said what is completely false; and yes i know him too, and he only uses frersh fish with homemade beer batter.

Archived