[BBC News] Policeman charged with harassment

Newsbot

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, was it, that his face didn't fit or was he hanging around with 'the wrong' people?

Probably like a lot of young coppers he was arrogant and thought he was untouchable because he's a copper.

Did you see that Police with cameras program? Imagine you are sitting at home watching TV and along come the police with their battering ram, they crash through the door and yell 'police' at the top of their voices and then treat you in a most dreadful way, wrestle you to the floor and then cuff you, how would you feel? It was like watching some kind of 'terrorist' bust from Chile in the dark ages - that is no way to treat anybody, we are not savages & neither should the police be! Harassment? What exactly is reasonable restraint? and what is with all the 'shock and awe' tactics? Shocking! It didn't seem to be a very good advert for your local bobby.

I'm just wondering, if this had been just you or I would it have been so sensationalised? It's not as if it is crime of the century. I feel sorry for his family, especially his kids, who are no doubt going to get hell at school now.

And I would also like to point out - innocent until proven guilty.

Archived