Kebab(ish?)

keyboarder

Tonight I have witnessed more wizard sleeve and clown's pocket than mortal man deserves But and it's a real big BUT I am now consuming one of kebabish's chicken Kebabs and i would like to say ......................................

OMFG That sauce has a kick and the chicken is chicken proper fleshy bits of aviariy :) :) :) :)

nom nom nom nom nom nom :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
........whilst being very thick was still unable to effectively contain the filling which spilled out everywhere........

It was only a matter of time until somebody mentioned a badly packed kebab!

I bet you've been refreshing this thread over and over again waiting for that to happen ...

In Manchester most Kebabs are served on Naan bread. If the bread is cooked fresh, straight out of the tandoor, it's amazing and one stuffed with freshly grilled chicken and loads of salad and chili sauce will keep you going all day..... if the naan's have been made hours before, the bread is like chewing on floury shoe leather, not good.

I've only had one chicken kebab that was off a spit type thing like this place are advertising on the radio, also in Manchester, from a place called 'Monsoons'.. It was ok, the chicken is all in pieces and somehow glued together to make a donner style thing on the spit. It's pre-marinated to have a slightly sweet, tikka type taste. It was good but I don't think I'd have one again, the idea of the chicken on the spit being heated, then re-heated over and over again turns my stomach a bit. I much prefer fresh chicken done on a chargrill... that said, after a few drinks I'm sure its plenty tasty :-)

........whilst being very thick was still unable to effectively contain the filling which spilled out everywhere........

It was only a matter of time until somebody mentioned a badly packed kebab!

I bet you've been refreshing this thread over and over again waiting for that to happen ...

Am I that transparent?

• 3 weeks later...

The wondering is at an end - keyboarder is definitely male. Having said that I do like a nice kebab upon occasion myself but I don't think a woman would go into such detail about it.

Oo, I just got a deja vu writing that!

• 2 weeks later...

Went there on Tues night for the first time, ordered a large chicken doner at a cost of £5.50 and I'm glad I didn't order two as the one did me and the missus, I can only really say good value for a really tasty bit of nosh, and a chilli sauce to die for, I would certainly recommend this place. Well done Kebabish. :)

Its really quick for me to get too as well...lol as i live very near.

Have to say the owner is a good fella and the chicken kebab I had was really good as well... Silly oclock Sunday morning energy food..!!

• 9 months later...

went there tonight for the first time

massala chips very disappointing mainly as the chips were so dry

had a doner kebab in a naan - was ok and plenty of it but despite having "everything" on it no chilli sauce of note left me feeling a little underwhelmed

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Rhumsaa. As you can see by the date of my last post, some time has passed since those early reports. I used to order from them and enjoy, and even passed menus onto my customers, but the service and standard of food went downhill very quickly. I expressed my views to the manager ( at least he said he was) but nothing changed..never used it since.

• 8 months later...

well i have to say i realy enjoy Kebabish. GREAT value for money, and the nan bread is made fresh when you order. TONS of meat and salad and the sweet garlic sauce is great.

the manager is really friendly and always has a smile and after just one order will usually remeber your order next time you come in, even if its weeks later.

my kids love the chips cheese and gravy from there too.

dont see how it could be bad there,but i have only been going for the last year. so maybe it has gotten better

Archived